Chapter 50

What is this....no..could it be? A...a chapter....on time? Yes, my friends, it is. Savor and rejoice my children!!

POV Tim

I'm at Jason's safe house, again. Ever since our, um, overnight, two weeks ago I have been finding myself at Jason's window every chance I get. When I'm with him it's like time has slowed. His skin against mine and hands in my hair, god, the feeling is intoxicating. Still, so far, that's all it's ready been. Moments that we steal when we can. Too often they are cut off by his roommates, resulting in my hiding in the closet, on the ceiling, and behind the door once. And though he finds it adorable, it's humiliating. I don't want to seek around in the shadows any longer. I want to actually get to know him, go on a date or two, take him for dinner or a movie. Go on a long romantic bike ride or hike. I'm tired of hiding.

It's not getting any easier to either. Dick is suspicious as ever, even though I tell him to stay out of it. He is dead set on finding who my "first love" is and making sure they "aren't some undeserving dirtbag using me for my body". Him continuing to bring it up makes me want to bang my head against a wall. And with Dick acting this crazy, it's only a matter of time before the others pick up on it.

I shudder at the thought.

"Tim?" I'm pulled from my thoughts as I see Jason's concerned face over the top of my phone screen.

He is only half dressed, not like that is usual for us now. His pale skin still flushed and hair disheveled making him look absolutely irresistible. Jesus, how did I get so lucky?

"Nothing," I lie, looking back down at my phone. "Just reading."

Only a partial lie. I was reading, just not the normal material. I was texting Kon last night. He is the only person who really knows what's going on with me and Jason. Around 2 AM we got into a pretty serious conversation about what would happen if Jason and I started "dating dating". It was less than ideal, to say the least.

To sum it up, he thought that it wouldn't work out, saying that we were destined to just booty calls. He said we could never work as anything more. I'll be honest, it hurt to read that, especial from him. But I think he might be right. I mean, what one night stands actually work out as long term relationships? And what do I even want out of a relationship? I mean, they ever fail or end in marriage. And, do I even want that? Especial with Jason? I'm probably over thinking it.

I'm definitely overthinking it.

Jason purses his lips as his disapproving glare rest steadily on me. "Are you lying to me, Timbers?"

I smile seductively, trying to distract him. "And what if I am?"

However, he doesn't bit. "I'm serious,"

"It's nothing,"

He doesn't buy that either, making my smile drop. "Babe, talk to me,"

"It really is nothing."

"Tim!" He draws out my name like he does whenever he wants something.

I sigh, he's not gonna drop this. His look turns worried as I take a deep breath and try to find the words.

"That bad," He says frowning.

"What," I pause, "What am I to you?"

He cocks a brow, "What do you mean?"

"What are we to you?"

Thinking on my words, he lets the tip of his tongue poke out the corner of his mouth as his nose scrunches.

"Honestly, I don't know," He admits, eyeing me with those big beautiful eyes I've fallen in love with. "I've just been rolling with the punches, trying to see as much of you as I can. But, I mean, the odds are kinda pinned against us."