Chapter 15

FYI I didn't proofread cause I'm lazy, so sorry in advance!

POV Robyn

It's so strange to be here, on a balcony with the son of the most famous man in Gotham talking about his two vigilante brothers. But it's not really strange to me because of all that. If it makes any sense, it's strange because he actually cares about his two vigilante assholes. I mean, I can barely stand them, but here he is actively trying to spend time with them, giving all his effort to make sure they get along. He truly cares about these assholes, who aren't even his real brothers. It's so foreign to me.

I guess I'm just not used to people caring, it's not like Connie ever gave a rat's ass about me. But even then, Dick pours his heart and soul out for these boys who treat him like shit. Part for me thinks it's stupid, he's just asking to get hurt, but the other bit is so inspired by his compassion. For the first time in my life, I've met someone who truly cares. For some reason, all I want to do is help make his dream come true.

"Hey there, Dickie Bird," I jump as I hear a woman's voice behind me.

Dick sees her first, his face lighting up like Christmas tree. 

"Babs!" He yells running towards her. 

As I turn around, I finally she this "Babs" person. She's rather tall for a girl, of course still shorter than Dick. Bright ginger locks streams down to her shoulders and makes her pale skin look pasty and cool toned. A few freckles dot lightly over her cheeks outlining her small green eyes. A smile plays on her lips as she returns Dick's hug. 

"It's been a while, have you lost some weight?" She toys with him.

"It's been more like months, Babs," He comments, brushing off her taunts. "How was Hawaii?"

"Little hot, little crowded," She spots me out of the corner of her gaze. Her green eyes fill with curiosity. "I was starting to get bored if I'm being honest. That's till I got a text from Jason."

Dick notices her stare and starts to introduce me. "Oh-ah this is Robyn,"

"Robyn?" She looks dumbfounded for a second.

Dick ignores, "She just got here this week."

I'm not sure if I should stay quiet, say hello, or just leave altogether. Babs seems to notice my discomfort though as she gives me a soothing smile.

"I'm Barabra, everyone calls me Babs though." She offers me a hand. "And yes, I am Batgirl."

"Cool," I mumble, shaking her hand. 

"I was thinking," Babs says looking from Dick to me, "If we all wanted to get a bit of a spa day before we have to go to the Gala."

Dick make one of those hissing noises, "I love a good spa day, but I do have a case I'm working on."

"But, Dick, it's a spa day," She pouts.

"You just want my card don't you?" He realizes crossing his arms.

She smirks slyly, "Being a librarian doesn't pay that much."

"Here," Dick grads his wallet from his back pocket. He pulls out one of his cards. "You can keep it."

Babs gives him a worried look. "But this is one of the cards Bruce gave you, it's loaded. Dick, should I be worried?"

"I'm just trying to make an honest living." He claims, putting his wallet back. "The pin's just my name, 3425."

"Thanks?" She takes the card unsurely before turning to me. "You ready to leave?"

"Um," I look over to Dick who gives me an encouraging look. "Yes,"

"Alright, we can take my car." She chirps as I'm left to trail after her.

Now, this has to be the second weirdest thing I've seen. A random redhead shows up and offers me a mani-pedi, and what do I do? I say yes, cause that's the most logical answer, obviously! Getting in the back seat of Babs's car, I wish I had said no. Dick just looked so trusting of her. What's happening to me? I was still in the East End, I would have never put this much trust in anyone, but here I let my guard down so easily. It's hard to tell if that a bad or good thing yet.

As she starts the car, I stare out the window trying to avoid eye contact. I can tell though that she wants to talk. After all, she canceled her Hawaiin vacation for me after just one text. She definitely has questions of me. This whole spa day is probably a cover to integrate me. Spa day, I've never had a spa day before. I'm never even set foot in a spa. All I can imagine is a bunch of woman in my face fussing over my nails and hair. 

"You probably have questions," Babs speaks up. "I know the boys aren't too good of a welcoming community. You can just ask me, I've been informed on everything."

She's right, I do have a lot of questions, but still, I stay silent.

"Okay," Babs sighs, but she doesn't sound angry or even annoyed in the slightest bit. "Well, if you don't mind, I have some questions." I can feel her eyes on my back. "What color do you want to dye your hair?"

Her question catches me off guard, "What?"

"Well, no offense, but your hair isn't exactly gala-ready." She laughs softly.

She's right, I'm guessing rich people don't have ragged purple hair. Still, I'm confused, I thought she would have more pressing questions. Maybe ask about Connie or my life in Crime Alley. 

"Ah, I've always wanted to dye it like, rose gold. I don't know, anythings fine-"

"Rose gold will look so awesome with your eyes." She cheers, making eye contact, "You should talk more, your voice is so pretty."