3. Rumours

Chapter 3: Rumours

I hummed a happy tune as I walked through the gates of hell, aka high school. This is a place full of liars, bitches and fakes, sometimes all in one package. High school is the place where you find out who you are and where you want to go, or so I'm told, I personally haven't found the place all that insightful. Hey, maybe this whole thing with Alec may just tell me who I am and what I'm capable of doing. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Little did I know that my happy mood was about to be ruined. Even this early in the morning. "Juliette!" An annoying voice screeched loudly from behind me. I cringed slightly but kept walking down the crowded school corridor in hope of escaping. "Don't you walk away from me!" She hissed at me again, closer behind me now.

Unfortunately for me she was fast, even for a girl in heels. Or maybe it was because everyone parted like the Red Sea when she came through. Like a disease, everyone kept clear of the devil, Samantha Vicks.

"I command you to STOP!" She shouted.

I finally came to a stand still and whirled my body around in rage to face the barbie princess and one of her wannabe followers, Chloe. Samantha was beyond beautiful, I'll give her that, she has lovely long golden locks that's always styled to perfection and startling green eyes, only problem was her cake face, the makeup practically dropped of her face. Did she even own a mirror? Besides that she was also annoying and had a bitchy attitude. "What?" I demanded with a scowl.

"Is it true?" She growled folding her arms across her huge chest. Push up bra no doubt.

Ladies and gentlemen, she's done it! She's finally gone mad. I raised my brows at her. "Oh, don't play dumb! It's not becoming," She said in disgust with her annoying high screechy voice as I rolled my eyes.

Who knows why all the boys went after her. Maybe because she was, what they call, 'easy'. She'd spread her legs for anyone that paid her attention.

I sighed. "Why don't you tell me what the problem is, then we can work from there," I said in a calming voice.

"You. And. Alec?" She growled out as Chloe placed her hands on her hips dramatically when I looked at her. Chloe and the last Samantha leach, Holly, were dumb to put it plainly. Cliche, I know, bitchy girl that has dumb wannabe friends that follow her everywhere, I mean come on! That's practically out of a novel. And I don't even know how they're still in school to be honest. But they have the looks I guess, Chloe has long, curly, auburn hair with brown eyes, while Holly sports the brown hair within the pack and she has matching chocolate brown eyes. Holly was away on holiday and I think Chloe is a little lost without her to be honest....

"What's it to you?" I asked, eyeing her up and down, trying to look dominant, but I think it just made me look dumb.

There were students starting to crowd round to get a look at a possible cat fight. No doubt news of this discussion would be all over the internet within no time at all. Maybe even a video.

"He's mine," She snarled quietly, but rather effectively, "Back off." She added as her face came close to mine. Too close as I pulled back a little. I wanted to laugh at the idiocy of her words, but the look on her face stopped me, it looked like she'd rip my head off within seconds if I did.

"What makes you think he's yours? He did ask me out, so don't you think he's mine?" I challenged, standing a little taller and hoping she wouldn't hit me. But I wouldn't let it show that I was slightly terrified of her.

She looked at me before narrowing her eyes. She quickly turned around and stomped off in the other direction with Chloe close behind her. There were a few sighs of disappointments from the crowd that there was no fight but they all scattered off as quick as they'd gathered, leaving me alone in the corridor.