12. Party

Chapter 12: Party

I grumbled to myself as I rummaged through my draws, trying fun something appropriate. I haven't been to a party like this before so I didn't really know what to wear. The boys were waiting down in the car for me and they said I have 15 minutes to be ready. When I asked what I should wear I was told something 'short and tight'. Yeah, no. Gross.

Suddenly something came to mind. I quickly rushed to my closet and slid the door open. Up on the top shelve was a shiny silver box. I reached up on my tip toes to grab it.

My mum had bought me this before she left and I had never worn it. I was never really the dress sort of girl. I preferred my jeans and converse, but apparently that wasn't going to cut it this time.

I opened to box to reveal gold sequins. I shimmied the dress over my head and went to look a myself in the mirror. The dress was gold and came up to mid thigh and it was covered in large gold sequins, I even had matching heels. I pulled the golden heels out of a matching silver box to the dress and slid them on. Four inches of pure death.

I went to the bathroom next to check my make up. I fixed the dark marks under eyes due to lack of sleep then applied mascara and lipgloss to finish the look. I quickly grabbed a purse before running out the door.

"Woah," Alec mused as his eyes roamed up and down my body. I blushed deep red in response. "You scrub up well Jay," He complemented, "And here I thought you didn't even own a dress," He chuckled and I swatted his arm with my purse before climbing into Jared's Truck.

"I'm jealous! You look nice Juliette," Jared winked flirtatiously at me.

"Well I'm sure I could find you a dress that fits!" I cooed in a baby voice making the other boys laugh.

"Come one guys!" Jared snapped and starting the engine making me giggle. I had my eyes closed for most of the trip so I could see who Jared ran over. It didn't take long till we pulled up at a big white house that drunken teens already strewn all over the front lawn, along with red solo cups everywhere.

I stared at the massive white house in amazement. They must be rich! I slowly exited the car, stumbling in my heels a bit. Alec linked arms with me, and I sent him a thankful smile.

He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Shouldn't wear heels if you can't walk in them," He snorted quietly.

I glared up at him, "Hush, I look good,"

He winked, "Oh darlin' I wasn't in anyway denying that," He said as he licked his lips.

"Let's just go inside," I said with a roll of my eyes. As a group we entered the house together, the door was wide open with more drunken teens stumbling out and some in.

The first thing I noticed when I entered the house was the strong smell, it was a mix of alcohol and sweat. Not a great mix. Next thing Ryan walked up to us, I never even noticed that he had gone, but he had a handful of drinks. He handed one to each of the boys before offering a red cup to me. I shook my head. I'd never been a good drinker. Easily drunk and I did all sorts of crazy things and I didn't really want to do something that I would regret. Especially not tonight.

Ryan shrugged and put my cup to his mouth and finished the lot in one breath. He threw the empty cup on the ground while the other boys hooted him on.

"I think I'm going to go get me a drink," I said eying off Alec.

I walked towards the direction that Ryan had pointed, stepping over people who where passed out on the floor and around crazy people swinging their arms everywhere. I made it to a table piled with drinks. I found a bowl full of punch. I picked up a red cup and filled it with the orange punch. I cautiously took a small sip to make sure it was actually punch. I was safe. Probably. I slowly sipped at cup and finished before Alec came over.

"Dance with me?" He asked, a wicked smile tugging at his lips which made my stomach flip.

I smiled widely and nodded, sitting the cup on the table and took his hand as he lead me to the dance floor. I wasn't quite sure how to dance to this up beat rap music, I more enjoyed slow pop and even country music. But I let my body take over and move to the infectious beat. Before I knew it I was having the time of my life.

Then someone coughed over the loud speaker.

"Can I get everyone's attention?!" The speaker blasted and we all turned to look at the one and only, Tyler Collins, the host of the wildly out of control party. He was pretty handsome now I think of it. He had a mop of blonde unruly hair and blue eyes that glistened like the ocean.

By the look of his actions and his slurring I knew he was totally and utterly wasted.

"I want to slowly it down a bit, grab ya gurl!" He slurred with a chuckle, waving his red cup full of drink in the air before grabbing the closest girl and tugging her too his chest. She seemed surprised but very great full.

The song Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran blasted over the speakers. Alec turned to look at me, he stepped back and held out his hand and bowed like gentlemen making me giggle. I took his warm hand and he stood up straight and looked me in the eyes before putting his hands on my waist. I reached up and placed mine one his shoulders and we swayed back and forth to the slow music.

I looked around to see the other drunken people doing their slow dance too. I rested my head on Alec's chest, blocking out the world. I knew it seemed crazy and very, very stupid, but I really did like Alec and I dreaded the day we broke off our deal or he got bored with me. I looked up at Alec who was already intensely staring me, looking deep into my eyes. He look so handsome right in this light, his eyes smouldered, his lips, amazingly plump and pink, I instantly, for some unknown reason wanted to kiss him.

My heart started to have a work-out has Alec tilted his head and leaned in towards me. Was he going to kiss me again? Did I want him too? Do I like him!? So many questions ran through my mind as his lips got closer. But before his lips got to touch mine, I felt cold liquid splashing on my back. I swung around as the drink ran down my back, to see a drunk, surprised girl, sheepishly smiling at me. Great!

I quickly, without another look back, walked away from the dance floor, from Alec, from our kiss. I mean what the hell was wrong with me! He's a player! There is no way I'd ever fall for him. Ever.

I mumbled all the way back to the kitchen. I saw that the punch bowl was on the floor with the punch in a sticky mess in the floor, I looked back at the table and eyed a can of beer. Just one wouldn't hurt! I grabbed the can and opened it. I took a sip. I could feel the relaxation flood through my body at instantly. This was going to be a good night, and nothing will get in my way. Not even stupid Alec and his stupidly amazing lips that I now vow never to to kiss again.

Hope you all enjoyed this one. Do you think Juliette can hold off from kissing Alec? I know I couldn't ;)
Juliette's dress above <3

Edited

Hugs and kisses,
Addie xx