5. Make A Deal Then Break Another

Chapter 5: Make A Deal Then Break Another

"Pink or black?" Sophia asked. I turned to look at her as her tongue peaked out of her mouth while she debated over what colour nail polish to go with.

I thought about her question for a moment before answering, "I don't really think black is your colour, you're too much of a girly girl." I shrugged, returning back to my book.

"Pink it is!" She excitedly said while unscrewing the small tear shaped bottle.

'Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.'

I was reading my new favourite book, The Fault In Our Stars. I will admit that I've already read it five times and seen the movie seven times. I can't help it, I fell in love! It was so beautiful and I really wanted a love story like Augustus and Hazel's. Well not exactly the same. I'm not going to give any spoilers but those how have read or seen it will understand....

"Jay? Juliette! Argh! You're such a nerd Jay!" Sophia laughed as I saw her hand wave in front of my face, breaking me out of my reverie.  

I jumped a little in surprised and looked up at her. What?" I frowned.

"Didn't you not just hear me calling you for like the last two minutes?" She asked with a raised brow.

"No?"

She chuckled, "How many times have you read that book?!"

"This is my sixth," I mumbled lowly, slightly embarrassed.

"Exactly, you're a nerd." She said, sounding triumphant.

Like the childish person I am, I poked my tongue out at her when my phone buzzed. I quickly retrieved it from my back pocket.

I need you to come over now. My parents are wondering why you're never over.

-Alec x

"Lover boy?" Sophia guessed and I scrunched up my face at her. She chuckled while shaking her head as she painted her next nail in a bright, happy pink.

I can't just drop everything for you. I'm busy.

-Juliette

I clicked send.

"You know we don't really believe you guys are going out. Be honest. Is it a joke?" Sophia asked raising a brow at me when I looked back up at her.

And when she said 'we' she meant the rest of the group obviously, my friends are the worst when it comes to gossip, and making bets.

"Neither does the rest of the Alec lovers at our school," I pointed out, wriggling my eye brows at her suggestively. She frowned at me and I sighed in defeat. "We made a deal."

I couldn't deny it any longer, I mean it was just a matter of time before she and the rest of them figured it out for themselves, not only are they gossips, but incredibly nosy too, not to mention that I'm practically an open book. So I told Sophia everything that happened, from the very awkward dinner, to the making of our deal. As I told her I watched her face flash with different emotions, and now I was even more worried about what she would think of me, I wasn't dating the king of jerks, but I was pretending to, and to get something out of him, and him out of me. After I finished she stayed quiet of a while which of course scared me even more, but she eventually spoke up and I was definitely not expecting the words that came out of her mouth.