15. Mr Nice Guy

Chapter 15: Mr Nice Guy

"I am very disappointed in you Juliette," My dad sighed as he pulled at Brooke's hair. Her hair was mattered with eggs, milk and flour. He had her bent over the sink as he tried to get out the now dried in part cake mix.

"Dad, I know I'm so sorry," I moaned to him as sweetly as I could while I walked into the bathroom and sat with my back against the bath.

Thanks to Alec, who knows how much trouble I'll be in now. Probably grounded for a month, maybe my phone taken off me or maybe even band from seeing friends.

"It wasn't her fault," We all turned to see a guilty looking Alec standing in the door frame looking at the ground. "It was my fault. I started it and Juliette tried to stop me." He sulked.

I stared at him wide eyed. Did he just take the blame for me? Why?

"I need to talk to you," I muttered, standing up and walking past him. I walked all the way down the hall and into my bedroom as he followed. He didn't meet my eyes, he kept them down.

"Why?" I snapped a little to harshly.

"Why what?" He sighed finally looking up at me. His eyes look guilty.

"Why did you take the blame. Yes I tried to stop you, but then I joined in. So spit it, why?"

"Because it was me in the beginning and it was me that winded you up to get you to join. I'm sorry," He told me

"Tell me something I don't know. It just doesn't seem like you to take blame for anything you do that is mildly or dangerously wrong." I said, narrowing my eyes at him cautiously.

"I was going to offer to help clean up, but if you don't think it seems like me." He shrugged with his signature smile before turning to walk out.

"No, no. You're not going anywhere. You where going to help anyway, I just didn't think you would be volunteering," I said, placing my hands on my hips.

"Can't a man change?" He sighed again, throwing him arms up in the air in frustration.

"Not you." I challenged. He glared at me before walking out of the room. "We aren't done!" I shouted after him.

"Already gone," He shouted back. Damn him. What was up with him recently, he's been acting so weird. No, weird was an understatement. Was he serious about the change? Do I even care?

I walked out of my bedroom and down the hall to the bathroom. "Dad?" I asked, peaking my head around the side of the door frame.

"I'm sorry Juliette. I didn't leave you time to explain," He smiled at me.

"What?" I asked, slightly shocked.

"Alec told me everything. It's okay." He told me.

"Um, where is Alec?" I asked.

"In the laundry getting stuff to clean up with," He smiled at me as he yanked at Brooke's hair.

"Ow!" She wailed.

"Sorry honey," He told her.

I sighed then made my way down stairs. I walked into the kitchen where Alec was on the floor scrubbing the tiles with a sponge.

"Whatcha doin' Cinderella?" I asked as I leaned against the wall, a smile playing at my lips. If I didn't see it for myself I would never believe he would clean anything.

"What does it look like," He mumbled as he concentrated on one tile that looked sticky.

"I'm not quite sure, but I'll go with a moron who has no idea how to clean," I smirked at him, trying my best to hold in my laugh.

He looked up at me, giving me a dirty little look which made me chuckle. "Well how do you suppose we do this?" He folded his arms across his chest with a frown place firmly on his face.

"Well, there's this thing called a mop," I shrugged.

"Oh." He sighed.

I laughed, "Don't worry, you'll learn how to clean soon enough,"

"Will I?" He raised a brow.

I nodded, "Woman's touch," I said with a smug smile before walking off to find the mop giggling a bit at the look of horror on his face.

When I returned he was laughing with my sister who was having a laughing fit.

"What's so funny?" I smiled at them.

He looked up at me and smiled. "I'm telling her about how you got detention," He chuckled, "All for me,"

"Hilarious." I rolled my eyes, secretly hoping he hadn't mentioned the word 'sex'. That would not go down well.

Alec, Brooke, dad and I all help with cleaning up the kitchen and it was done in no time at all, actually looking cleaner than it did before. After it was all done Alec had to leave as I was still grounded for my last bad act that this bad boy had made me do.

I lied on the couch flicking through tv programs. Honestly, day time tv suck. I switched to Netflix's to watch the newest episode of my favourite tv show, Grey's Anatomy. Mum and I use to watch it together when she was still here. Now that is one good memory I have of her.

"Are you serious? I'm sure you were vegged out here when I left,"

I turned around and let a wild squeal escape my mouth, leaping up off of the couch and throwing myself at my older brother.

"Matt!" I cried, tears streaming down my face as I squeezed my brother, still in his army uniform.

Once I finally released him I did the once over his body to check that for one he was really there, and that all of him was there. I was always scared he was going to die or get a body part brown off.

"What are you doing here? Does dad know?" I quizzed him once I was sure he was really here all in one piece.

"I got a weeks leave, so I'm here to spend it with my family. And no. Dad doesn't know, but I'm sure he's about too." He laughed. Oh how I've missed his laugh.

Matt was tall, way taller than me, but we actually looked pretty similar, we could almost be twins. He had the same blonde hair, and big brown eyes. But opposite to me, he had massive muscles and a six pack, while I preferred potato chips and tv.

"What's going on in here," I dad mumbled as he walked into the room only to stand frozen once he got sight of his eldest child.

"Matty!" My sister cried as she ducked past dad and run towards him at top speed. Matthew caught her with ease and lifted her high into the air.

"Brookie!" He laughed loudly before putting her back in the ground. Once she had two feet planted on the ground my dad grabbed him tightly and pulled him into a hug.

"I can't believe you're here!" My dad said excitedly. "Come on, dinners almost ready and we have heaps to catch up on," He smiled widely at his only son.

Our family is finally put back together, even if it might only be for awhile, it was perfect.

Edited.
Hugs and kisses,
Addie xx