20. Forgive Or Forget

Chapter 20: Forgive Or Forget

"Forgiveness is pulling the bullet from the wound and then kissing the one who pulled the trigger"

-Karese Burrows

**************************************
"You've got to forgive her sooner or later" Carter sighed as he eyed me with sad eyes. He was the sort of person that didn't like fighting, he was a peace keeper.

It's now been two weeks since Victoria kissed Alec, but more importantly, two weeks since I last talked to Alec. And it was killing me. I definitely couldn't deny my feelings for him and that they were a lot more that I ever could of thought.

"I don't have to do anything," I disagreed with a shake of my head. Although I was itching to make up with Alec, I was definitely not ready to forgive Tori anytime soon.

"We are all upset and angry with what she did, but don't you think she's been punished enough?" He asked, raising a brow.

I wanted to say no, but I didn't want to upset Carter so I just I sighed then shrugged. "I don't know," I finally muttered.

Nathan and Sophia where currently with Tori while I held my grudge, which I wasn't planning to give up anytime soon. My friends were all on my side and all agreed that what Tori did was most definitely wrong and was way over line, but my friends were too nice for their own good and wouldn't just let stupid Tori suffer alone.

The bell went, signalling 3rd period. I packed up my books from the desk and stood up. I looked back at Carter and realised that that he had met moved. I frowned down at him, "Coming?" I asked.

He smiled kindly at me, "Nah, I've got something to do," He said calmly. But I was suspicious.

My brow furrowed. "You're ditching?" I asked, wondering what was better than class, especially when he is very against ditching class.

"I wouldn't exactly call it ditching." He disagreed with a shake of his head.

"Then what?" I challenged placing my hands on my hips.

"Business." He shrugged.

"Whatever," I chuckled with a roll of my eyes, "Bye,"

"Bye Jay."

I left the cafeteria with a smile on my face. I've been finding it hard to smile recently, to laugh. Everything around me reminds me of him. And I know I sound like a stupid love struck girl, but I've never had much luck with Boys, never put myself out there. My theory was don't put yourself in the position to get my heart broken. Look where that has gotten me. I'm right where I didn't want to be.

I pushed the door open to science. I made my way to my new seat up the back of the class. I could feel Alec's eyes on me the whole way. But I refused to look back. It was like the walk of shame. Everyone watch me, like they mostly did these days. It didn't take long for the news to spread that Alec had dumped me what no one was surprised, it was a typical Alec move, even if I had lasted longer than most.

As I sat down I noticed that Carter's, Nathan's, Tori's and Sophia's seats were absent. Mmhm, business. I made a fowl face at the thought. Is that what all the crap that carter was talking about at lunch. Were they finding a way to get me to forgive Tori. Wasn't going to happen anytime soon as far as I was concerned. After I found out they kissed it all made sense. The weird behaviour from her. It was all an act of jealousy. It was now clear, she also liked Alec. And I didn't want to compete with her for him.

"Juliette?"

I looked up form my day dream to find everyone looking at me. The teacher, Mrs Marten, waiting patiently for my answer of the question she'd obviously just asked. Probably to check that I was listening. Which I wasn't. I blushed crimson with embarrassment.

"Sodium hydroxide," Alec called out. I looked over at Alec who was the only one not looking at me. Of course everyone's attention turned to Alec now. Did he just 'save' me? His attempt to save me from total embarrassment angered me just a little. Although I wanted to make up with him I was still mad.

"Is your name Juliette?" Mrs Marten asked, her tone was slightly annoyed as she glared at Alec.

"Did it look like she was going to answer?" He back chatted with a playful smirk.

At first she didn't say anything, too shocked to respond, I don't know why she was so shocked. It wasn't like it was anything new for Alec to be rude and obnoxious. "Principles office," She said when she finally composed herself.

"It's true. I wasn't going to answer," I yelled out. I wish I hadn't. And of course everyone turned back to face me again and I blushed red.

"Why don't you join Mr West in the principles office Miss Greene." She suggested with an aggregated finger pointing at the door. I stood up and grabbed my things before walking out the door without a second glance.

"Why did you do that?" I turned around to face him once we where far enough away so that the teacher couldn't see us out the door window.

"What do you mean," I folded my arms across my chest. Not wanted to talk to him, I was on a mission to find my friends. My conniving, scheming friends.

"Take the fall when I was already going down. I saved you then you made it worse. So why?" He said, mimicking my position.

"I honestly don't know," I answered coldly. I turned around and continued to walked.

"Where are you going?" When I turned back around his brow was furrowed. "Principals office is this way," He asked pointing in the opposite direction.

"I'm not going to the principal." I answered. He looked confused and I sighed, "I'm not going to get in more trouble then I need. I'm going to find my up to no good friends." I said as I started back towards the field.

"Can I come?" He asked.

"No," I answered harshly without even turning round.

"Why not?" He whined, keeping up with me easily.

"Because Victoria is going to be there. And I don't need a reason to hit both of you," I said calmly as I continued to walk.

"Well then I won't give you a reason to. We all need to sort this out and wether you like it or not, I'm involved." That stopped me. I turned around and studied his face. He seemed to be dead serious.

"I will not take responsibility if I hit you," I warned through narrowed eyes.

"I can deal with it," He chuckled.

I shrugged then continued my way to the field where I'm sure they'll be. Lucky for Alec's sake he kept his mouth shut. I found them on the far side of the field. They watched curiously as I crossed with Alec to meet them.

"What are you doing." Carter asked me with raised brows, almost as if telling me I shouldn't be here.

"This dumb arse got us kicked out of class," I said as I stuck my thumb in his general direction.

"Why did you bring him here?" Sophia asked with annoyance playing on her face.

"He's like a lost dog. He followed me," I muttered, "So, business eh?" I asked, looking at Carter.

He smiled at me smugly. "Yep,"

Finally pushing through and editing!! Hope you guys are enjoying!!
I wonder how this 'business' will go!! What are your thoughts?

Edited

Addie xoxo