16. Fake or Real?

Chapter 16: Fake or Real?

"Please!" Tori whined, showing me her best puppy dog eyes. Her and Nathan were trying to get me to sit with them at lunch today, I haven't sat with them for weeks.

"I don't think Alec will want to sit with you guys, no offence," I shrugged.

She frowned, "We'll see,"

"Jay?" I turned to see Alec walking towards us. I like the way he walks, as strange as it sounds, he walks with confidence, yet so casual. It looks, um, sexy....

"Hey," I smiled at him.

"Hey," He smiled back at me like we were the only two people in the room. 

"You guys are getting good at pretending." Tori acknowledged, we both looked up at her, breaking our eye contact.

"Tori," Nathan hissed at her in warning, she turned to face him and just shrugged.

"Juliette wants to sit with us today." She turned back to face Alec blankly, leaving no room for argument, I eyed her agitatedly.

"Why don't you all come join our table?" He asked her casually.

"Good idea," Nathan cut in, but was ignored.

"Cause we want to hang out with our friend. You don't own her and I think I deserve time with my friend." She snapped at him while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Oh come on, try our table. You might just enjoy yourself," He chuckled at her, finding her agitation amusing grabbing my hand.

"No," She sneered as she grabbed my free hand and yanked me towards her and out of Alec's hold.

He narrowed his eyes at her as she did the same. "Juliette!" The both turned to whine at me at the same time.

I sighed deeply with a roll of my eyes as I pulled my hand away from Tori, "Really? Come on you guys! I'm not a toy that you can play tug of war with! I'm your friend," I looked at Victoria, "And your girlfriend," I looked back at Alec.

"He's not your boyfriend," Tori protested, "It's only fake, remember," She raised a brow at me.

I looked at her slightly flabbergasted, I can't believe she just said that! I mean I know he's not my real boyfriend, but anyone in this hall could of heard it and I'll be all over! It hurt that she'd say something like that, she knows this deal is important, this could be my shot at a real music career, at least that's what I told myself.

"Victoria!" Nathan raised his brows at her in surprise, it really wasn't like her to be this rude.

"Couldn't we just all get along?" I suggested.

Tori folded her arms and looked away. Obviously not. She stood there for a moment longer before she stormed off in the other direction pulling Nathan along with her.

"So, I was thinking," Alec trailed off slowly, a smile tugging at his lips.

I raised my brows at him, then looked in the direction that Tori stormed off in, "What her problem is?" I asked.

He chuckled, "What I'd give to know," I shrugged. "But no, I want to try something," He said then he started to lean in, his eyes asking for permission, I wasn't about to stop him.

Then his lips touched mine with such passion and force. He parted our lips slightly to look me in the eyes for permission to continue. I obliged by pulling his head back to me. His tongue entered my mouth as I tugged on his hair, only pulling him closer. He pushed me back, trying to find a wall to lean against. When he found the wall he pushed me hard against it, only the wall moved backwards!? We both fell back towards the floor, he landed on top of me when we hit the hard ground and I let out a 'humph' as the air escaped my lungs, but it didn't hurt, I was too caught up in him. He looked down at me for a minute and we both laughed together before he pressed himself back to me, his lips moulded into mine.

There was a faint coughing sound and we both like looked up to see many curious eyes staring at us. We where on the cafeteria floor. I was so embarrassment I flushed bright red. It looked like our moving wall was the cafeteria door... I pushed him off me quickly and stood up with the last of the dignity I had left. I turned to look at Alec as he stood up too, he looked almost as embarrassed as me. He took my hand, leading me to the closest table and sitting down next to me.

"Well," He sighed deeply, "I'll never hear the last of that." He muttered quietly to me.

"Tell me about it," I whispered back, looking up  at my friends who sat a few tables across from us from under my lashes, they all wore either surprised or disgusted faces, some of them wore both. I turned around in my seat to face the other way, looking at Alec.

"But if I do say so myself, you aren't that bad of a kisser," He chuckled quietly as people stopped staring at us started up discussions again.

I snorted unladylike, "I could say the same," I told him with a nervous smile.

"Told you I was good, Greene," He smirked sending me a wink.

"Don't ruin the moment," I scolded with a raised brow.

He lifted his head and looked over me, "Your friends aren't happy with me," He changed the subject. I turned around to see them staring at us with curiosity.

I shrugged, "To bad," He chucked at me, his eyes glistening.

"Should we join them?" He asked, holding out his hand, offering it to me.

"No. I'm happy here," I frowned as I crossed my arms rather childlike.

"You're stubborn," He chuckled again, "Come on. They miss you," He then sighed.

"They can come here if they wanted to," I insisted shaking my head.

"You don't have to come if you don't want too," He shrugged as he stood up from the table.

He stared at me for a minute while I glared, of course he won though, I sighed and stood up.
"Fine," I huffed to which he smiled smugly. "Wipe the grin, West," I snapped as I stomped over to what was my 'old' table.

"Heya Jay," Carter acknowledged me with a bright smile

"Hi," I whispered back, embarrassed. I sat down without making eye contact and Alec took a seat beside me and surprised me by taking my hand. I didn't protest, it was oddly comforting.

"So, that was really something," Soph suddenly giggled, referring to the make-out incident. "Actually, it was hot! I only wish I had someone to pash with that intensely!" She plainly stated. I looked up at her, her eyes glistening with excitement, ready for any juicy gossip I had to share.

"I got a bit carried away," Alec chuckled beside me.

"I saw," She sent a winked before laughing along with Carter and Nathan.

"It didn't look like faking," Tori suddenly snapped, glaring at him intensely.

"Well maybe it wasn't," He snapped back.

His words make my heart flutter, but I could see he instantly regretted his words. The table was silent. I looked over at him with wide eyes. He kept his eyes on the table as everyone stared at him. Another moment had passed and by then he had gone bright red. He stood up and left without another word.

Did he really mean it?

What do you guys think? Was Alec telling the truth? Let me know!

Edited
Hugs and kisses,
Addie xx