21. Makeup Or Breakup

Chapter 21: Makeup Or Breakup

"Juliette, I'm so, so, so sorry," Tori muttered, shaking her head sadly, not meeting my eye, "I was drunk, and I didn't know what I was doing,"

"Using been drunk as an excuse!" Alec scoffed, "You would have kissed me anyway," He rolled his eyes at her. She looked up at him with shock and regret.

"Remember what I said about punching you if you gave me a reason to? Yeah, well my hand it twitching," I snapped at him, with an angry glare.

"Well you deserve to know the truth! Which you haven't let me tell you so why don't you ask Victoria," he snapped, sneering her name as if it was a dirty word, while pointing at Victoria. The truth?

Then I turned back to Tori and raised my eyebrows at her. "You've always liked him haven't you." I accused.

"No," She was a horrible lier, she always looked nervous when she did, sweat palms and she could never meet your eye.

"Don't lie Tori. I know you do," I snapped at her, losing my patience. What can I say? It been a bad week and I was mad!

"Jay," Carter warned, stepping forwards in case I decided to lash out, which I am known to be violent.

"Fine, okay so I had a thing for him!" She confessed, through her hands up in the air as she did so. I raised a brow at her. "Okay, okay, I liked him a lot. We had a thing agers ago," She blushed, glancing over at Alec, which made me feel jealous.

"A thing?" I ask curiously.

I looked over to Alec who was looking at the ground. He was looking guilty. She sighed, "I lost my virginity to him," She whispered as she blushed a deeper red.

"You what?" I gasped slightly and everyone, including me turned to look at Alec who was looking away from all of us now.

"I was so jealous of you because I never got over him. Even though it was a fake relationship I knew it would stay fake for long. I could see you falling for him and I could see him falling for you," She sighed. "I always wanted him to look at me the way he looked at you and I was jealous." I looked over at Alec with wide eyes, only to find him staring back with the same expression. "I tried everything I could to split you guys up, like getting cross at you, hoping you'd break it off for your friends. Which didn't work, it just made you guys closer. Then the kiss in the cafeteria. I was so angry, why did you get to have him? Then the night of the party I saw him there, he was drinking and I was of course drunk. I made a deal with Samantha, if she takes a photo of me kissing Alec and posted it on Facebook, you would break up with him, cause if anyone hated you guys together more it was her. So that's what we did. I kissed him she took the photo.

"Alec was furious with me, he pushed me off him and told me to stop, that he was already taken and didn't want to hurt the girl he loved. He was drunk and slurred the whole thing but he meant it. He was talking about you." She finished sadly.

I looked over to Alec again who was now staring at Tori. "Lier!" He shouted at her.

"You wanted me to tell the truth. What? Didn't know how you really felt? Or just didn't want to tell her?" She snapped at him. He was speechless. He turned to face me. He searched my face for any hint of emotion that he could find. But the only emotion I was showing was surprised.

"Jay?" Soph asked cautiously as she stepped forwards, holding out her hand to me but I stepped away.

"Your a coward!" I shouted at Alec, "You made me feel so worthless and all because you're a coward!" I snapped before I did the only sane thing to do. Run.

I ran back towards school, across the field as quickly as I could. "Juliette!" someone yelled from behind me.

For some reason I stopped in my tracks. Why was I so upset? Hadn't I just heard something I really wanted to hear? No, I hadn't. I wanted him to tell me. Not to tell Tori. And I especially did want to hear that the guy I loved had already slept with my friend! Wait. Loved? Do I love Alec?

Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out, "Hello?" I answered, still out of breath from running.

On the other side of the line it sounded like someone was crying, I quickly checked the caller ID, it was dad, "Dad?" I asked cautiously.

Then I heard the worst words anyone could probably ever tell me, "It's your brother, he's gone," I dropped the phone from my hands and stood motionless, I couldn't move. My body was frozen.

"Jay," Two hands fell on my shoulders. "What's wrong?" He asked, he sounded worried. Suddenly my body unfroze and I fell to my knees. "Are you okay? Jay?" He asked again as he kneeled beside me.

I looked at him in horror, "M-my brother," I told him as I shook. His eyes widened with realisation.

I felt his arms wrap themselves round my body as he pulled me to my feet. He kept a steady hand on around my shoulders as he walked. I didn't know where he was taking me, but I didn't particularly care. All I could think about was my brother. He's dead.

He helped me into the passenger side of his car before getting into the drivers seat. I knew he was driving fast but I didn't say anything, I just closed my eyes so I couldn't see the trees flashing by my window. It seemed like only at matter of seconds before he was pulling me up the front steps on my house and into the living room where my dad sat with his head in his hands. My dad looked up at me with tear stained eyes as Alec placed me next to my dad.

"I'll go pick up Brooke," He told us, my dad nodded and Alec left without another word.

I looked over to my dad and asked him something I wasn't sure I wanted the answer too, "What happened?"

"They were out on a mission and they were ambushed. No one saw it coming. He's missing and they can't find him." My dad finished as he put his head back into his hands and sobbed for his missing son.

But what he said had given me a sense of hope! He hadn't been reported dead! Only MIA, he could still be alive! He could still be found in one piece!

Oh no!! What about Alec and Jays make up?! And is her brother okay!! I will be pulling off the last few chapters as I edit as quickly at I can!! Promise you it won't be long! Sorry to be mean!!!

Edited

Addie xoxo