19. Choose Your Friends

Chapter 19: Choose Your Friends

I woke, startled as the loud ringtone of my phone was going off uncontrollably. Groggily, I grabbed my phone, clicked answer and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I murmured into the phone sleepily, trying to keep my eyes open.

"Jay?" The person on the other end sobbed, loud music was playing in the background plus multiple voices too.

"If you don't want nothin', I'm goin' back to sleep," I slurred in warning.

"Juliette it's me, Victoria. I wanted to apologise," She said in remorse.

I looked over at the clock and sighed loudly, "At 2am? You wanted to apologise at 2am?" I whined at her, this was not the time. She was obviously drunk.

"I'm sorry." She sniffed. "I did something bad," She was drunk.

"Apologise when I'm awake," I said angrily into the phone before going for the end button.

"WAIT! Wait, please!" She cried out loudly.

I sighed before putting the phone back to my ear, "What?"

"I know I don't deserve it. But I can't get home," She told me, I could tell she was crying.

I sighed and nodded my head before realising she couldn't see me. "Where are you?"

I heard her sigh deeply in relief through the line, Jack's,"

I knew him, not very well, but he was a jerk like the rest of the party throwing jocks. "Okay, I'll be there soon," I agreed and hung up.

As much as I was pissed at her I couldn't even begin to think what would happen if I didn't go. Either her getting behind the wheel intoxicated or someone else who had been drinking driving her home. If she died from drunk driving I could never forgive myself.

I slipped on my bunny rabbit slippers and grabbed my big fluffy winter coat as well as a beanie. It was nearing the end of October and winter was starting to set in. I tried to be as quite as I could as I tip toed down the stairs and grabbed the keys to dads car from the key bowl then slipped out the front door. I cringed slightly as the car started, hoping that the sound of the car coming to life didn't wake my dad or sister. Jack Kane didn't live far from my house, maybe ten minutes, but I could hear the loud pumping music only round the corner form my house.

This was like the other party I'd gone too, only with more passed out people strewn across the lawn. I groaned at the lack of car parks and gave up, double parking next to another car on the road. I wasn't going to be long. Grab Tori and get out of there. I quickly jumped out of the car and ran inside the door, the loud music hurting me ears as I searched the house. I finally found her passed out in the kitchen with another drink in her hand.

"Hey! I know you!" A loud voice hollered.

I swung around and came face to face with Jack Kane himself. "Ah hi," I mumbled before turning back to Tori. Shaking her should violently to try wake her. She started to stir when Tyler talked again.

"You're Jay, Alec's friend!" He stated.

"Ah, I prefer Juliette," I corrected, not bothering to look his way as Tori slowly opened her eyes. "Come on Tori let's go home," I said as I pulled her to her feet.