Lucien Lachance x Reader

You languidly tossed an apple into the air, catching it before repeating the movement. You glanced over at your speaker who was currently napping under a nearby tree and rolled your eyes. That man had a habbit of getting himself into trouble, and sleeping unaware in the open was a great way to get a dagger to the gut. You eyed the apple as it fell, catching it once more before chucking it at Lucien.

The brunette grumbled, stirring slightly before dozing back off. You sighed, going to retrieve the apple and cursing under your breath when Shadowmere beat you to it. You groaned, slumping down against the tree next to Lucien.

You sat there boredly for a few moments, the thought of taking a quick nap was quickly shoved from your mind as you remembered you needed to keep an eye on the speaker. The damned man wouldn't even wake when something hit him on the head.

Instead you took the rare peace as a chance to survey the man beside you. For once he had forgone his robes, dressed only in civvies with his hair let down and flowing slightly in the breeze. In sleep his features were relaxed and appeared younger, without the strain and responsibility of leadership. You smiled, it reminded you of the better days when he was simply a murderer living alongside you in the sanctuary.

You trailed your hand through his soft hair, pushing it off his shoulder before resting your head in it's place. You jumped a bit when an arm encircled your waist, but quickly relaxed into Lucien's hold, a small smile playing on your lips. Lucien turned to press a chaste kiss to your forehead before resting his head on your own.

"I love you my Speaker." You mumbled, eyes closing regardless of your attempts to stay awake. You could have sworn you heard him reply as you drifted off to sleep.