Farkas x Reader

You had always been an avid reader, a curious historian, and overall had a refined respect for knowledge. Every sentence you spoke flowed fluently and expressively, exquisitely worded and carefully thought out. You refused to have a conversation with someone who's grammar faired worse than their armor, and you were well known as a tricky conversationalist.

Therefore, it had come as quite a surprise when during a drunken round of questioning it was revealed that you not only despised the only other bookworm in the companions, but instead preferred the company and conversation of the so called "ice brain."

Aela would constantly tease you after that night, spreading clever rumors and arranging meet ups in order to get you closer to Farkas. The abominable woman had even slipped an amulet of Mara onto your neck while you had slept.

Which brought you to your current situation; the object of your infatuations had noticed, and was currently asking for marriage.

It wasn't a romantic proposal in the slightest. You had noticed him staring, and boldly and somewhat regrettably asked if he was interested. A simple, "Won't lie, I am." was given in reply, but somehow for the first time, you didn't care about the bluntness of the words, the butchered sentence, the harshness in which it was spoken.

For once, you allowed yourself, "I won't lie, I am."