vilkas x reader

Decades it had seemed before a armir clad male once again wondered upon your home, entering as if his presence were meant to be there. In reality, only a fortnight had passed since he had made your aquaintance, but even those mere days had been but a melancholic blur since he had left on a special mission.

He had been selected above all others, an esteemed and unchallenged foe to the Silverhand who settled in the land beyond Whiterun hold. Although leaner of frame, his smarts were not to be toiled with, as he could bring an army of men to a standstill with a single, well-thought battle strategy. Vilkas, it had seemed, was the only Companion even applicable for the job.

You were used to going on these contracted missions along with him, but recent activities had landed you with a nasty cut and infinite contusions. As you were in no shape to travel, he had proceeded without you. You were weary with thoughts of him meeting his end without your company. As you once again let these melancholic thoughts drift through your mind, you gazed blearily out a fogged window, glassy eyes locked on the horizon as you murmured to yourself.

"When will my husband return from the war"