Ondolemar x Falmer!Reader

(Y/n) had always kept her face hidden among the Nords of Skyrim. The frozen land had once been home to her kind before the betrayal, belonging to them even moreso than the Nords. However, that was centuries ago, and the last remaining snow elves were Gelebor and herself. It would have been smart for the two of them to procreate, but even if Gelebor had not remained celebate, (Y/n) had her eyes on another mer of a more superior nature.

Markarth, city of stone, and a painful reminder of the betrayal of the Dwemer, was the temporary home of one Thalmor commander, known as Ondolemar. From the first time (y/n) had laid eyes on the mer, she knew she was ruined for any other. Now it had become a habbit to purposefully seek out the Talos worshippers just for an excuse to talk to him.

Ondolemar made it quite obvious he was smitten with her as well. Compliments and praise rolled freely off his tongue when directed towards her, something that did not go unnoticed by his guards and the jarl's court. He was forced to threaten then into silence after their relentless teasing had gone on for too long.

The day had found the two together on a walk towards a temple dedicated to Talos that (y/n) had found in one of the city's many allyways. They laughed and talked as if old friends, neither mer having felt this comfortable with another before. As they arrived at the temple, Ondolemar and (y/n) prepared themselves to fight if neccessary. Their caution proved justified, as before they even had a chance to open the door, a nord charged out, swinging a battleaxe wildly.

(Y/n) dodged, but another nord swiftly followed, and then another. By the time the two elves had taken all of the heretics down, Ondolemar's robes had been ripped in several places, and (y/n)'s helmet had been knocked off and dented beyond repair.

Ondolemar stood from where he kneeled next to one of the nords, turning to face her and stopping in his tracks when he was not met with an Altmer such as himself, but with an ancient Falmer.

"You-you're a..." Ondolemar was at a loss for words, if he had thought himself smitten before, he had truly lost himself to her at that moment. (Y/n) laughed bitterly, pushing a strand of light (color) hair behind a pale ear and turned away from the gaping mer. "I understand if you find me a monster, you'd be far from the first."

At those words, Ondolemar managed to snap himself out of his stupor and gathered the Falmer into his arms. "On the contrary, my love, I find you even more exciting than before. You truly are enchanting."