Ancano x Reader

A request for House_of_emo_bandz. Apologies for any errors in spelling or grammmar, it's quite late. I will revise it tomorrow.

Winter arrived in the land, sweeping over the unsuspecting villagers. Wind howled and snow swirled, covering the thick layer of ice already blanketing the ground. The ice wraiths prowled closer to the city, and what was left of Winterhold stoked their fires and filled their hearths, hoping that the worst of the storm would soon pass.

In the College of Winterhold, the mages were not fairing any better than the villagers. The students had confined themselves to their quarters, conjuring small flames and twisting themselves into a caccoon of warm furs. Some of the braver mages dared to fiddle with fire salts, resulting in an unfortunate hole in the side of the dorm of a rather unsettled Altmer.

Ancano huffed, shivering slightly despite his thick Thalmor robes. He huffed, turning to scold the foolish imbecile who dared to ruin his quarters. He stopped himself, however, when he caught sight of your sheepish expression, hid behind your apprentice robes of destruction. He pinched the bridge of his nose, willing himself to relax before he lashed out. After a long moment, he looked back to you and beckoned.

As treacherous as the path from the college was, the two of you attempted to bear the grueling weather and make your way to the nearby inn. He shielded you from the snow, his tall frame standing in the direction of the harsh winds as he threw fireballs to clear the path of any frozen hazards. You helped to the best of your ability, however your skills were far more limited than his. Eventually, the two of you made it to the inn.

Ancano fished out the septims for a room and a small dinner, before harshly dragging you towards the fire. He noticed the wince you gave at his tight grip and imediately lightened up, rubbing his thumb over your hand in a subtle apology. You relaxed against him on a bench, enjoying the spiced wine and apple cabbage soup he had purchased for you. No words were said as he wordlessly pulled you closer to him. The two of you sat by the fire for what felt like hours, gazing into the dancing reds and oranges of living heat.

A time later, he turned to you and brushed a lock of hair behind your ear, pressing a chaste kiss to your forehead and standing swiftly. He made his way towards the rented quarters, turning and flashing what may have been a smile your way. You quickly finished off your wine and made your way to the room, eager ro warm yourself in his embrace through the night.