Vilkas x Reader

You glared at the twin from your spot across the table as he flirted shamelessly with Ria. The two of them were always together, talking, training, on missions. Now you were being forced to watch them at every meal, and it never failed that they would ruin your appetite.

You pushed your untouched plate away and stood abruptly, chair scratching loudly across the rough wooden floor, and practically ran to the living quarters.

The others took notice of your leave, as you were Harbinger, but the inner circle were the most worried about your departure. Njada, Athis and Torvar went back to joking drunkenly about skeever, and Ria went back to flirting with Vilkas. However, it seemed the Nord was no longer so intent on wooing her, as he shared the concerned looks of Aela and Farkas.

Excusing himself, he made his way down to the Harbinger's chambers, along with the others of the circle. Aela was the first to speak of what they had not only witnessed, but smelled due to the wolve's blood. "She is anxious, jealous, hurt." Vilkas nodded in agreement. "It must be someone in Jorrvaskr, she did not smell like this days ago when she returned from her mission, and she has yet to leave the mead hall." Farkas raised an eyebrow at his brother. "You pay attention to how she smells amd where she is all the time?"

Vilkas tensed and said nothing as the other two chuckled at his stoicness. Farkas elbowed his elder sibling, "I may be ice-brained, but I know you, brother." Aela smirked at Vilkas as the three stopped in their tracks, the Harbinger's state currently forgotten. The huntress gave a gutteral laugh as she glanced at Vilkas trying to cover a blush. "We've all seen how disinterested you are in Ria, why keep leading the poor girl on? The Harbinger obviously has eyes for you, and she's wearing an amulet of Mara around. It's the perfect opportunity."

Farkas nudged his brother towards (y/n)'s door before departing with Aela, calling over his shoulder. "I'll ready the horses for Riften."

Vilkas was fuming, (y/n) could smell it on the other side of her door. She fretted around the room, trying to keep herself distracted from his scent, until she heard a knock at the door. She already knew who it was, but she still muttered a quiet "Who is it?"

Vilkas gruffly called out his name, before the door was opened and he immediately stepped into the room. He closed the door behind him before walking up to (y/n), closing the gap between them and pushing her into the wall. He glared at her for a moment, sharp silver eyes meeting the (color) of his Harbinger before he reach for her throat.

He could hear her heart pounding, the fear flavored the air and he felt a sick sense of pride for knowing he could do this to the almighty dragonborn. As he pulled the amulet off her neck, snapping the frayed cording, the nearly palpable fear was replaced by confusion and hope.

"Ria." Vilkas tilted his head slightly, confused and disgruntled that she would be brought up at a time like this. "Why are choosing to marry me when Ria has been wearing an amulet for months? Everyone can see how you fancy her."

For the first time, the dragonborn saw Vilkas laugh. Not a snicker or degrading chuckle, a real, passionate laughter that filled the room and echoed through the halls. "That whelp was a distraction, I wasn't aware you were looking for marriage. In fact, I had come to believe you were already betrothed."

(Y/n) was stunned, a flurry of emotions running through her and scenting the air. It made Vilkas's head spin, and he finally kissed her to cease her anxiousness. "Let's go." He grabbed her hand and headed to the door, but (y/n) pulled her hand away. "Vilkas we can't go yet. We need to take precautions, and saddle the horses, and-" "Farkas has already done it, now come. I want to officiate you as my mate. Maybe that damned woman will finally leave me be."