Chapter 1

"So you're saying that I have to do what?" I asked curiously, I may be young but there is no way I would be doing that.

"You heard me, Ash if we have to have it in our hands and there is something that has been troubling me," Duilio said, his back towards me and facing the window overlooking the plaza in Rome.

I scoffed slightly, taking a drink from my scotch, "like what? tell me and I'll handle it." I said, trying to get out this stupid dress we are acquired to wear when the Don wants to have a word with us.  

"You're not ready to handle it." He said in a calm voice. I knew I was pushing my luck with him and with what's been going on I had to keep a calm face. 

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked, finishing the rest of my scotch and setting the glass cup on the table.

He went to his desk and gave me a file, a very thin file.

"This is what you need to know, and from what the I got from the others... it isn't much," He said as I looked through the file and it was almost a blank aside from the blurry picture of a crouching figure in the top of the building, there wasn't much I could work with. "So I wanted you to find him and get as much as you could, then report back to me once you have everything you need."

I nodded and left without a word and to my room that was across the compound.

"So aside from the name and picture and the places he might've been, there isn't much I have on my hands." Muttering lightly to myself as I read the last report on this guy. A guy that I was required to track down.

"Hey, Ash! what did the Don say this time?" Rose asked. 

I shrugged, "He just gave me an assignment, that's pretty much it from what I know of now."

Rose grinned and held out her hand, "let me see, maybe I could help."

I chuckled and gave her the thin file, "Wow this is practically empty." she said opening it and gave a confused face. 

"I know and this is all that I have to work with 'till I track him down," I said getting out of the dress and getting into something more comfortable.

"What me to come with you? I could ask a few old friends to see if they've seen him around the area you know, plus so you won't be lonely either." Rose said with a grin of her own.

I got under the covers and onto my computer, "I don't know Rose. I mean you are kind of a troublemaker than this guy is."

Rose scoffed and puts her hand on her hips, "And you know that I'm the best at tracking people, people like him and you know it." she said with a determined face.

I chuckled slightly, "I know that you can handle yourself, but this is something that the Don asked of me to do, this isn't something that can be taken lightly you know."

Rose pouted slightly and flopped on her bed, "I know it's just that I want to be there when something bad happens and that way I'll have your back like you have mine."

I smiled slightly and nodded my head, "I know that Rose but I need you to stay out of trouble like the last time you did something very unlikely."

Rose laughed nervously and scratched the back of her head, "what do you mean? I didn't do anything to get myself in trouble, I've been always been a good girl in the whole compound."

I grinned and crossed my arms. "Like last week at the villa with the rest of the head families?" I asked with a grin.

Rose was sweating bullets and sighed in defeat, "Okay I just wanted to know what they were up to this time in case we needed to strike against them first."

"Rose, we don't need problems at the moment okay? we just need to find this guy and get some info from him then we'll be going home." I stated, putting my computer away and laying down, "We'll start work in the morning."

Rose smiled through the dark room and slept. 

~~~

So how did you like the chapter? I know that this is like the third book that I have to keep an eye on that's that's fine with me. If you like that chapter then stay tuned for more.

Ash out~