Chapter 16

I was typing away, filling in all the gaps while the other were watching something on the flat screen.

"And when you're done with that we have something to talk about." The Don said, taking a sip of his wine.

I nodded and was finished and sent it to him, "I'm done, now what's this assignment?"

He sighed and took a file from the small table beside him and opened it, "you're not going to like this but, you have to understand, that this is an assignment and you treat it like another assignment I gave you in the past understand."

I nodded, understanding that this assignment might hurt me in the long run.

"Your next assignment is..."

~'~

I was watching the T.V when I was glancing at the stairs and back worried.

"What do you think she is doing?" I asked.

Rinko shrugged, watching the T.V.

Not tearing my eyes away from the screen, munching on some popcorn, "you think that there is something she's hiding from us."

I looked at Rinko and nodded, he quickly pulled out his phone and started texting away.

I pointed towards the kitchen door and pulled in my ear slightly, letting him know that we were being listened in, he nodded and just continued to do their own thing.

"No, we know that Ash can handle herself just fine," I said, knowing very well that on the other side of that door Shogun was listening.

~'~

I chuckled silently and leaned against the island countertop.

"smart, I'll give them that," I muttered lightly under my breath, and grab a cup of scotch.

"When do you think they will notice?" giggling lightly and swinging her legs slightly.

I shook my head and looked at her, "you know how it works, they aren't that smart without Ash by their side and we both know."

She nodded and looked at her hands in shame, "you know, I sometimes wonder what would happen if didn't make that deal with you sometimes. Would I still be with Rinko or would I be somewhere in Alaska, snowboarding the mountains?"

I shrugged and looked a the clock,

"When are you going to stop the static? they will be wondering why it went blank in a few hours you know," she said quietly, getting off the island counter and started walking towards the back door.

"I always come up with something, you know that they will believe me right," putting the cup in the sink and fixed my watch, in a few seconds the static electricity interference will back out and the camera will continue.

"I know, just don't hurt them. They are the only thing I have to a family in my life and I don't want to see that taken away from me, " she said in a deadly voice and opened the door, giving me one last warning and closed the door gently.

~'~

I was shocked and looked at him, "A-Are you sure Don? I mean this looks like something Rose can handle."

He nodded and sighed, "I know but this is something she wanted and I will see through it." He said seriously, putting opening the file and showed it to me.

I leaned in close and saw it, everything was there and the only thing left was- "Ash are you in there?" I heard Shogun's voice through the door.

I quickly closed my laptop and looked at the door, "Yeah, I'm here. Is there something you need?"

He opened the door and chuckled, "Nope just wanted to make sure that you were still breathing that's all."

I rolled my eyes and looked at him, "what do you really want?" crossing my arms and gave him a blank look.

He sighed and looked at the old pocket watch that I always keep with me, "Nothing really, I just wanted to make sure that you were alright, you look like you've seen a ghost or something," chuckling lightly.

I gave him a mall smile, "the only ghost I see is you when you disappear," stating the fact.

He smirked and looked away, "whatever, anyways I think it's time that I tell you what's really happening and why I was looking for you in the first place." 

"Really?" I asked shocked.

He nodded and got up and went out the door towards the living room, where the others are at.

I really don't know what to think? He is finally going to tell us, and I will have to tell them something too.

But, I don't know when is the right time.

~~~

I hope you enjoyed it! please leave a comment and tell me what you think Shogun is going to tell them after all this time?! I'll be waiting for them. If you want to read more then stay tuned for the next chapter! 

Ash out~