Chapter 4

Rose grumbled under her breath as we made our way to the beach, "you can't be mad at me all the time you know." I said placing the beach towel on the sand and setting the cooler down.

"I can if I want to," she said huffing and doing the same with her beach towel.

"I at least took you to the beach before we did some work OK?" I said putting on sunscreen and laying down.

Rose mumbled under her breath, "yeah, I guess."

"And cheer up we have the whole day to relax 'till we get to work tomorrow so chill for a bit." I said letting the sun's heat beat down on me. 

Rose sighed and started at relax, "yeah we should have a chill day," she said applying some sunscreen and was looking through her phone. 

"So how much longer 'till we have our info?" Rose asked while making a sandcastle.

"In a bit." reading a book under the umbrella blocking the sun.

Rose stopped and turned to me with a small blue shovel full of sand, "what do you mean?"

Chuckling silently I look up from my book, "He's coming here."

                                                                                       ~'~

I looked at Ash shocked and let my sandcastle crumble to the ground.

"You can't be serious right?" I asked remaking the sandcastle, and lightly shoving sand in her direction.

Ash sighed and smiled slightly, "Yes I'm serious, well I'm not sure if it will be him though."

I groaned and fell backwards into the sand and looked up at the clouds.

"And how much longer? I need an ice cream you know." I said, making sand angles.

"Don't worry we'll get your ice cream after the drop-off." she said, turning a page and continued to read.

I mumbled under my breath and just sat there.

Hours passed and still no sign of our drop off. I groaned inwardly and faced Ash as she was opening a small white box.

                                                                                  ~'~

"WHAT?!?" 

I heard Rose's voice shout, getting everyone to look at us with curious looks.

"for the last time Rose you don't look fat alright," I said calmly, trying to avoid attention.

Rose was pouting and turned away with a slight redness in her cheeks, "Where did that come from?"

I looked inside and pulled out a small black rose and a white card with gold writing on it.

Rose gasped in disbelief and awe, "No way. You have an admire my dear Ash." she said smirking, giggling a little.

I suppressed my blush and read the card, "it's in French? 'Nous nous reverrals bien tot, mon ange mont' well that's lovely." I said putting both items back into the box.

Rose had a content look on her face, "wow, who knew he had a way with words." she said with a slight blush coating her cheeks and smiling lightly.

I scoffed and stood up, "more like a way to put un my guard is more like it." I said looking around the beach but found no one that looked suspicious.

"What are you talking about Ash? This man has certainly taken a liking to you." Rose said with a teasing smile, "who knows he might steal your heart while we're on the case at hand."

I stiffened and looked at her with cold eyes, "like hell I'd let anyone have me." and with that, I left her at the beach with a sad and worried look.

                                                                                            ~'~

I looked at Ash sadly, as she walked away, with a cold glare.

"You need to find love soon, the family won't always be there for you Ash," I said to myself as I picked up our belongings and left after her.

~~~

Well wasn't that surprising I wonder what happened to her in the past to make her hate loving someone so much? well, stay tuned for the next chapter!

Ash out~