Chapter Six: Regret

Above is a picture of Oliver 

Malia

Bellamy and Mel rushed over to me without flinching. I didn't even know where they were at first. How was I going to tell them that I shot him? I was in instant regret. Oliver was only seventeen years old. He had a life to live. 

"What happened?" Mel asked.

"I. I shot him." I said. 

"Shit how are we going to tell Elijah? Where are Astrid and Kaya?" Bellamy asked.

"I don't know I only saw Oliver." I said. 

What are we supposed to do leave his body? 

"We need to bury him." I said.

Mel looked at Bellamy. Bellamy looked at me. 

"You guy's can memorialize this. I don't have time to memorialize dead people." Bellamy said. 

He's such  an asshole but he is right. But we still need to do at least something for Oliver. I grabbed a shovel and I went into the nearest woods and I started to dig. Once I finished Bellamy took his body and he gently put it in. I  started burying him with the dirt. I put a rock on his grave to remind everyone who is in here incase Elijah want's proof of the body. 

"We still need to find Astrid and Kaya." I said. 

"Not without Elijahs knowledge first." Bellamy said. 

Why does everything have to be reported back to Elijah? Why can't we just be in the moment for a second and not worry about Quarantine? I walked away because I couldn't deal with this. I needed to find Astrid and Kaya. They need to be alive because if they aren't this is my fault. 

"I am going to search in the woods for a bit, you guys search outside in the alley ways." Mel said. 

I nodded and Bellamy didn't deny or say anything. 

The alley is pretty much a maze. We have to find our way out. Maybe they ran into someone or something they shouldn't have. I still have hope for them. 

Bellamy followed me of course wherever I went. 

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked all of a sudden.

"I don't hate you Malia." Bellamy said. 

"It just seems like whatever I do I end up feeling like shit for everything." I said truthfully. 

"It's not you Malia. Really." Bellamy said. 

"Then tell me what is." I said. 

"I can't talk about it." He said choking up. 

I can't believe I did this but I hugged him. He didn't respond at first but then he did. He pulled away from me as soon as we got back to reality. Bellamy's eyes looked up as he saw movement. I heard a gun go off. Bellamy fired back. I pulled at him to keep cover. 

Once the guns stopped we started running towards the car, but the driver was dead. Bellamy quickly pulled him out.

"We can't leave Mel!" I said. 

"She'll be here, I know it." Bellamy said. 

Gun fire went off from different directions. The door opened. It was obviously Mel.

"Drive." She said. 

Bellamy quickly stepped on the gas. He was speeding through the city to get back to Quarantine. As soon as the gates opened I got out of the car and we all went in. 

"What in hell happened? Where is everyone else?" Elijah asked. 

"They're dead, it's my fault." Bellamy  said. 

Why did he just say that? 

"Bellamy you and I are going to have a quick little discussion. The rest of you may clean up for dinner." Elijah said. 

"Looks like he's lighten up about you." Mel said as we walked over to the showers. 

"I guess. We had a talk." I said. 

I showered off all the blood. My hands and face covered in dirt and blood. 

"You okay?" Mel asked.

"I am fine. I just need time off from training is all." I said. 

"Same." Mel said.

Once I finished with my shower I walked over to my bunk. Nadia was there all worried. She hasn't been informed of my absence. 

"Where have you been? Kai has been looking all over the place?" Nadia asked.

"I was out." I said. 

I couldn't say anything to her about anything. I didn't want to believe it. 

Kai came back with Dylan. They looked like they were laughing and joking and having a good time. Bellamy came back. He looked hurt. Did Elijah do something to him? If so Elijah and I are going to have a word.

"Bellamy my god. What happened?" Dylan asked.

Bellamy couldn't get on his bunk so I got up and helped him. 

He looked at me into my soul.

He is broken inside and I am going to help him.