Chapter Eighteen: Man vs Child

Malia

Once I heard the gunshots I knew we had to take cover. We didn't bring much ammo so we were going to have to think. I think the gunshots came from one of Elijah's people. They kept firing until our cover was dented. If they had that much ammo it would be Elijah's people. 

But we caught a miracle, I heard more gunshots coming from the direction I came from Camp Exodus, I knew it was Bellamy. Thank god! 

"Malia, I don't want to fight you. I need Nadia." The voice of the devil said.

I didn't respond, I heard more gunfire. What is Elijah even planning? He planning to kill us? Was he planning to do that all along? For what , what was he getting out of this? 

More gunshot's camp from the camp. 

I had enough of this, I am going to do what Elijah want's 

"Fine Elijah, You win!" I said giving up. 

Elijah had his people cuff me up along with Kace. But that didn't last for long. I saw who shot at Elijah from a distance. It was Lydia! 

"I know where that shooting skills come from!" Elijah muttered from his breath. 

Lydia made it out from where she was hiding. What is she doing I had the perfect plan, he would take me instead of her if she would have stayed hidden. She could have taken Kace back also.

"Lydia no!" I yelled.

"This is what I came here to do!" She said. 

"Well well, Lydia my darling Lydia. It has been years, what brings you here?" Elijah asked enjoying this moment. 

"Let them go, it is me you want." Lydia said. 

Elijah hesitated and looked at me for a second. As soon as we heard a gunshot go off everyone gasped and realized it came from me. I shot Elijah. Cold blooded. I... I killed him. Not in pity, but in hatred. Elijah was on the floor and no one did nothing. I was actually surprised. 

"Malia what the hell did you do?" Kace asked. 

"I-He was going to do something I could feel it." I said.

"We're all in trouble now Malia, This isn't just about you!" Kace said. 

One of Elijah's soldiers came out.

"Our fight is over. We never wanted any of this, this was just about him." The girl with the red hair said.

In the end I knew this fight was over, but we never really knew the truth, I will find out either way.

"We want to know the truth about what happened." I said.

"Come inside, We have full video proof of all the things that went on here in Quarantine." The red head said once again. 

Lydia nodded. 

"Only Malia can find out the truth, I trust her." Lydia said to us all.  

I walk in Quarantine, something I thought I would never do. Quarantine to me is like a controlled government forcing kids to work as a team and for an army , which is kind of like child labor but a little nicer.

When I got to a room I have never seen before I was kind of shocked, it was white completely white with touchable computer screens.

"Hello Malia, My name is Ellie Anatoly. I have been watching Elijah since the day's he started this Quarantine. Even though he is someone who created this "paradise" I wanted to watch him to see what he will do. He broke my trust after I found out about his army and what he did." Ellie said. "take a look." 

Ellie showed me a video of Elijah and an entire government team. I was shocked by what I was seeing, I knew this was just the beginning.