The Last Chapter

Malia 

We all strive to be good in the world. 

We all want to succeed.

We all want to live in peace. 

Today I am going to do just that. The survival of this world lies on my hands. I am the face of the world. I am going to give it peace that it deserves. It has been dark long months but we will survive. That's all we can do. The survivors will be left to face the world of destruction but with a new error we can find peace and love like we did once before. 

"Are you ready Malia?" Ellie asked.

"Yes I am ready." I said.

My team and I all went out into B wing. This is the hall that is boarded off from the research lab. We all have to find a way around. Bellamy, Lydia , Kace and Mel all came with me including a few others that volunteered so we can have a team of smart people that can outsmart the dead.

I see none so far. The only way in is to take cover. I heard some hissing noise coming from the entrance. We agreed only to knife if their is no more than five of the dead. The noise will draw them in. 

Finally after a long way of silence we start heading down the hall with no sound of the dead thank god. All of a sudden we see a death trap outside the window and they see us. I ducked so they wouldn't see us. They knew we are here. 

"We need to hurry." Lydia said.

"No kidding." Mel said sarcastically.

"Shh." Bellamy whispered. 

I opened the back stairway entrance. All clear so far. The extra men from Quarantine stayed behind. 

"This is as far as we go, Ellie said to make sure you all were safe." The guy with the beard said.

"Thank you, we can handle it from here." I said. 

"No, I will stay behind because I want to make sure we can trust them." Mel said. 

"That's fine with us." Lydia said. 

The three of us kept on moving. Coming to the end of the stairway after a long flight of stairs I reached the door to the research lab. Nobody was here. Not a single sound, Nothing. 

"I will make sure none of the dead can get to you." Bellamy said. "Lydia and I will stay out here." 

Lydia nodded.

I saw so many vaccinations. One in particular Ellie said to get a vaccine meant to kill fevers, and one that can  disguise you. I just took all of them with me. in a bag i had. I didn't know which ones she meant. 

Once I put it in my bag I rushed out, Bellamy and Lydia were gone. What in hell happened to them.

"Lydia? Bellamy?" I called.

Something must have happened, Bellamy would never leave me like this. I searched every room on this floor and it was a lot. I decided I needed to do this on my own. They probably ran off and got scared. If I was right I could not worry about him. If I was wrong I am going on a search party, I need to get this vaccination to Ellie first. 

I felt someone grab me in the stairwell. 

"I'm sorry , We had no choice , I put out as many as I could." Bellamy said. 

"It's okay Bellamy. I am just glad you're safe." I said. I looked around where is Lydia? 

"I lost Lydia in the process. I am sure she is okay." Bellamy said. 

"What about Mel and the others?" I asked.

Bellamy shook his head. I took his hand and together we made it back. 

"Good job. Well where is everyone?" Ellie asked.

"We lost them!" Bellamy said. 

"Mel and the others came back but I don't think Lydia did." Ellie said. 

"I have to go back for her!" Bellamy said. 

"Bellamy it is too risky." I said. 

"Malia she is my sister for crying out loud!" He said.

"I will for sure send my team out looking for her. But we must stay calm and stay here where it is safe." Ellie said. Ellie gave the vaccinations to a doctor who looked stunned.

"Thank you. This is what we need!" The woman said.

I nodded , I really wanted to roll my eyes and say obviously but I don't know if I can trust them with helping people. I had to help Bellamy find Lydia. HE is so heartbroken even I can't help him.

"Ellie, we HAVE to find Lydia." I said. 

"I am sending some of my people now to go and find her." Ellie said. "You are welcome to stay, they are a trained team." 

"We have to stay Bellamy." I said. 

"But what about our brothers?" He asked.

"I will go to Exodus and tell them." I said. Bellamy nodded and just stared into the walls. He was broken. 

"Ellie I am going to tell our brother's that we found a cure." I said.

"Where are they?" She asked.

"Camp Exodus." I said. 

"Okay you may go , but you must bring someone with you a trusted person." Ellie said. 

Once I headed off to Exodus I knew we would all be safe. I knew that I can handle this world of survival and that's how I plan out to live the rest of my days. 

I tried writing this chapter but I may go back and edit some thing's and plots to refresh my memory. But  I will be writing one more chapter of this book and move on to the next.