Chapter Nineteen: The Truth

Malia 

The video showed doctors created a special kind of vaccination. They injected the vaccination into the bloodstream and those who were not affected by the vaccination were free to leave with no memory of what happened to them before. They tested bites and anything that affected the human flesh. 

Ellie said all kinds of Quarantines did this in all of the united states, the president could not control what the government did because it was all done in secret. Once the president has fallen the government had complete control of all fifty states. 

I was completely shocked by what I was seeing. Those who went to Quarantine might have a chance to live, but those who refuse will die. Those who escape will never know the truth. When they were done creating these thing's they were free to hurt anyone by a punishment for disobeying their rules. 

"Now that you have seen the video their is a vaccination somewhere here in Quarantine. We must find it together. On this video tape it does not show the exact vaccination but no one has ever reached beyond the research lab because it was overridden by the dead." Ellie said. 

"I will talk to Lydia about this but I need to have your word that we can trust you." I said. 

"You have my word , I wont let anything happen to your people." Ellie said. 

I think Lydia will like Ellie , in a way I can see that they are a like. They are determined and fierce and want to have a strong leadership. We walked out the door to find everyone waiting in another room being in awkward silence. 

Bellamy, Kace, Lydia and Lydia's soldiers all stood up. 

"We have a vaccination, but the only way to find it is if we go in the research lab which has been overridden by the dead." I said. 

"NO i will not allow for Malia to go alone." Lydia said. 

"She won't be alone, she will be with some of my trusted soldiers." Ellie said.

"I want to go with her." Bellamy said.

I nodded. 

"I will go also." Kace said.

"Great we will leave by morning , the dead at night makes them more aware. Something about the cold air hits them and they go crazy, so we mustn't go." Ellie said. 

I nodded. Ellie but us all in the same hallway but with different room, this is the part of Quarantine I have never seen  before. I wanted Bellamy to be with me, I have missed him. I missed touching him, I missed seeing him.

He got into bed with me. 

"I missed you. I missed your beautiful hair, skin and eyes." Bellamy said.

I blushed. I missed him. 

"I missed you." I said kissing him. 

We kissed for a long time. I cuddled with him, I just wanted to be in that moment to feel safe and wanted and loved. He was the person for that. 

"I want you to be strong tomorrow, whatever happens we will all be saved." Bellamy said. 

"I will try to save us. I want to live in a world where we are not afraid of anything anymore." I said. 

"I know and we will. I will protect you for as long as I live." Bellamy said. 

The next morning

Bellamy was up before I was. He left a note. 

Malia

I went to breakfast and I hope to see you. 

love you

bellamy

I got dressed in an all black uniform. They wanted me to wear black because it minimizes what they can see. I meet up with Bellamy at breakfast. He was sitting with everyone else. 

"Hey Malia." A familiar voice said. It was Mel.

"Mel what the hell? Where have you been?" I asked.

Mel left the minute things got bad. She didn't want to be a part of this group anymore. She went out on her own to find herself. It has been almost a few weeks. 

"I missed you all. I am sorry I had to leave so sudden. I saw some things out there that I would never want to see again." Mel said. 

"Well I am glad you are back." I said 

"So what is happening today?" She asked.

"I am going to find a vaccination and Elijah is dead." I said. 

"Wow. You actually killed that bastard? I am proud of you!" Mel said.

"Thanks Mel." I said. 

"Ellie said to eat you will be needing it." Bellamy said. 

Once we all finished breakfast I had some time to think. Should I really be the face of vaccination? Can I trust Quarantine after what Elijah did? 

"I know that look." Bellamy said.

"What look?" I asked.

"I know you are questioning them. I would not let you do this if I thought you weren't strong enough." He said.

"Thank you!" I said. 

I heard the door of our room open. It was Lydia. 

"Ellie asked if you are ready." Lydia said.

"Yes I am ready!" I said. 

"Follow me." Lydia said. 

I knew what I was getting myself into. I could save the world or I could destroy it. It is up to this team to save the world. Will we be able to do it? Sometimes I question if I can. What if the vaccination does not work? What the hell are we going to do then? 

I wrote 897 words not including this little paragraph. I am almost finished with this book and will edit once I finish. Thank you all for sticking with this book.