Chapter Sixteen : An Old Friend

Malia 

Kace and I found shelter but it was not near Exodus. I know this place because it was near Quarantine. I knew they would not look here. It was more out in the woods. 

"Kace I need to get into Quarantine." I said.

"Why would you do that?" He asked.

"Because my best friend is there." I said.

"Malia, we are not going to Quarantine, Lydia kept us underground for a reason." Kace said.

"What are you her minion?" I asked jokingly. 

"No, When I was on my own during the breakout she helped me escape. She taught me how to fight, how to defend myself. She was like my savior." He said. 

"Do you love her?" I asked.

"She is like my sister so yes I do. Anyways let's not talk about this because we need to quietly escape this place if we want to make it to Quarantine." He said.

"Really?" I said all excited. 

"Yes... But I am not going inside." He said. 

"Fair enough." I said. 

We slept a little because we wanted to move at night since no one is really watching at night, and I can be quieter. I know most of the halls in Quarantine, they are more open then Exodus but I can get my way around to where Nadia is. 

I quietly opened the back door from where Bellamy and the rest of us escaped. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked.

"Yes, I will be fine." I said.

"I will wait out here and search the area in case I see anything strange." Kace said.

"Sounds good to me. Listen if I don't make it back, tell Kai I love him and to take care of himself." I said. 

Kace nodded, I closed the door behind me. It was dark but I had a flashlight. I walked quietly in the corridor. It was night time after all and I am assuming everyone is sleeping. I remembered where i slept, I remembered how to get there. I am hoping Nadia is. I want to talk to her. 

Once I reached the room where everyone slept I quietly walked over to Nadia's bed. It was the same as I left. Everyone who escaped here had a bed with a completely different person in it. Nadia looked peaceful and asleep. I lightly tapped on her shoulder to get her awake. Her eyes flew open and it scared me. 

"Nadia?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" She asked immediately waking up. 

"I am here to get you out of here." I said.

She took my arm and took me somewhere to talk where there was no one around.

"I am here because I am trying to save your life. Elijah is planning  something big on you guys. He want's to kill you. I have to agree with everything he is saying because I don't want to die , and I don't want you to die." Nadia explained.

"Please come with me." I said. 

"No this is my mission. This is why I was meant to be here. When I first found out about your plan on leaving I knew he would retaliate and kill you guys." She said. 

She never stopped being my friend, she was only protecting me. At first I thought she betrayed me, but she didn't.

"My Camp is near here. We are no where to be seen, trust me Elijah is no threat to us." I said.

"He is more powerful than you think." Nadia said. 

Nadia was making this more hard, I did not want to leave her, I was never going to leave her. I did the unthinkable. I knocked her out cold hard, it was the only thing to do. She wasn't coming with us no matter what. Elijah was in the way of that. I threw her over my shoulder literally, she was small anyway's so she could fit on my shoulder, and I was about 5'5 so I am pretty tall. 

Once I carried her out as quietly as possible , I finally reached the door to escape, Kace was missing. That son of a bitch. He would leave without me. 

"I'm right here." I heard a voice said. 

It was Kace in the bush. Was he here the entire time? What time is it even? 

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"This is Nadia, she didn't want to come with us so I made her." I said. 

He looked at me all weird.

"Well we better go before they come back for us." Kace said.

He was right. Anyways we start to leave but we heard some gurgling noises. This isn't good at all. It was near dawn. I think when ever it is night time, they get more aggressive, I think that is because the cool air hits them and they go nuts. Kind of like when it is cold out and our body get's shivers and is cold, that is how the dead are. 

Two of the dead came charging at us once they saw us. 

"Malia, run take Nadia." Kace said.

"I'm not leaving you!" I Yelled.

"Malia, just go." Kace said.

Kace was nearly dead, but we heard gun shot's. 

So i wrote about 800 words, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it took me a while to write but i finally got the story line written, thank you for reading.