Chapter Nine: Camp Exodus

In this chapter I am doing Bellamy's point of view since I thought it would be nice since Malia isn't the only main character, and I will reveal some plot twists in this chapter and some flashbacks so prepare yourselves :) Please enjoy. Oh and above is a picture of camp exodus  

Bellamy

When we left all Malia could think about was her friend Nadia. Deep in my heart I knew she was gone the minute they came to Quarantine. Elijah wasn't someone you should mess with. I have been in this place since before the breakout even happened. My job was to warn many people about the breakout. But my plan obviously didn't work out as well. I was only eighteen years old when I came to work for my Uncle Elijah. My dad was the  owner of this place since before it all happened. But he left when he knew Elijah was going to take over. Elijah had a thing for my Mom. 

My Dad ever since he left has never came back. I was pissed at him because he didn't come back for me. Elijah used that against him and made me stay all those years up until now. Malia pretty much saved me. I couldn't thank her enough. 

All of us kept on walking for about two and a half days until we found shelter in a building that was pretty much cleared by us. I packed food that would last us a week basically. Malia didn't say much because she literally left her sister Nadia. But it was Nadia's decision to stay. I kind of felt bad but at the same time relieved. 

"Hey guy's I think I am going to go search for some food." I said. 

"I'm coming with you." Malia said. "Mel can you watch over everyone else? We won't take long." 

"Okay, But don't leave me with these children for long." Mel joked. Malia cracked a smile. It was good seeing her smile. 

I grabbed some gear and we started to head out. The dead didn't seem to pay much attention to us. They were to busy being well... dead. Malia and I walked out into the woods to find some water because that's what we needed the most. We have another week's worth of food depending on how much we eat.

Malia stopped and turned to me. 

"Bellamy. We need to talk about us." She said. 

"What about us?" I asked. I liked her. I liked her from the beginning. I was a jerk and I knew I didn't stand a chance. 

"I like you Bell." She said. 

I didn't know what to say. I can't believe she even had the guts to say it. I liked her very much also. But I don't know if this will work out. It is worth a shot trying in this new world. 

"I like you too." I said.

She smiled and grabbed my hand and pulled in for a kiss. I surprisingly kissed her back it was amazing. I never felt anything about anyone like this. I heard some noise and I quickly pulled away. It was one of the dead coming right at Malia. 

"Malia, Behind you!" I said. I grabbed my knife and stabbed it in the head. She looked at me all shocked. 

"Thank you." She said. 

I nodded. I took her hand and ran. I don't remember much but I tumbled on to something. Next thing I know I am underground with Malia. Where the hell are we? I got up and helped Malia. When we both recovered from the fall I looked around. We are for sure underground. 

We quickly searched the rooms to find an exit. But being our usual selves we found people.

A woman quickly turned to us. She was sitting in a big chair.

"Well hello and welcome to Camp Exodus." She said.

I looked at Malia and Malia didn't know what to do. 

In this situation neither did I. 

"Ma'am we need to get back to our camp." I said. 

"This is your camp. Everyone is welcomed." She said.

"Thank you miss but we really need to get going." Malia said. 

"I don't think we can do that. Guard take the prisoners." The lady said.

Flash back.

"Son, Mom want's to see you." Dad said. "She's dying remember not to scare her." 

I walked into the room and there she was. Mom. 

"Son I want you to know that what ever happens in this world I want you to look after your brother. He is your responsibility." Mom said. I nodded. "Bellamy. Take this." 

Mom handed me a note with my name on it.

Quickly she closed her eyes and left the world with love and peace.

Bellamy, 

In this world you will make mistakes. You will meet people you love and that gives you strength. You will feel alone asking yourself if you even deserve to be here. Whoever you meet you shall open yourself up to. In order to love someone you must love yourself. So Bellamy I am asking you to never ever give up on yourself and to never lose sight of who you are as a person. 

Flashback ends.