Chapter 15: Bystander No More

Honnouji Academy

Y/N cracked his knuckles and neck before turning around to watch Ryuko's heart slither back into her chest.

Ryuko: Ah! Ah!

Senketsu: Ryuko get a hold of yourself!

Ryuko was completely in shock at the sudden revelation of who and what she was. She completely ignored Senketsu as she breathed deeply and was spiraling into a panic attack.

 She completely ignored Senketsu as she breathed deeply and was spiraling into a panic attack

(Y/N): Ryuko.

Ryuko didn't respond to Y/N.

(Y/N): -_- *sigh* HEEEEEEY!!!!!

Y/N shouted at the top of his lungs in Ryuko's face causing her to jolt back to reality.

Ryuko: WHA! What!? What!?

(Y/N): HEY!! EARTH TO RYUKO!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!?

Ryuko: Gah! S-stop yelling!

(Y/N): *grabs Ryuko* Ryuko, look at me! Look me dead in the eyes!

Ryuko: What?

(Y/N): Woman! Look me dead in the eyes!

Ryuko: *looks into Y/N's eyes* W-What!?

(Y/N): Do you care for your father!?

Ryuko: What!?

(Y/N): DO YOU CARE FOR YOUR FATHER!?

Ryuko: Gah! YES! YES I DO! What does-

(Y/N): Do care for Mako and her family!?

Ryuko: Ahhh! Yes I do!

(Y/N): Do you care about Senketsu!?

Ryuko: YES!!!

(Y/N): ...Do you care about me?

Ryuko paused and looked deeply into Y/N's eyes and saw that he was asking a genuine question.

Ryuko: Y-yes...

(Y/N): *smiles* Then that's all that matters.

Ryuko: W-what?

(Y/N): I know what's going through your mind. You're wondering, "if you're human". Well you just answered that question.

Ryuko: I did?

(Y/N): Being human has never been a what, but rather a who. So long as you care for others, and others care for you, you are more human than a lot of the people on this planet. Never, EVER, doubt that.

Ryuko: Y/N...

(Y/N): I want you to promise you'll never doubt that about yourself.

Ryuko: I-I promise...

Y/N gave Ryuko a big toothy grin and hugged her, making Ryuko blush a little.

(Y/N): Great! Now, I need you to help people evacuate the stadium.