Chapter 16: A Hero's Reward

No-Star Slums, Honno City

Satsuki climbed out of the sewer just in time to see a building near to the convenience store she left Y/N in, collapse.

Satsuki: Y/N...

She didn't have much time to think as more patrolling COVERS headed in her direction. Slowly, and carefully Satsuki made her way through the No-star Slums, now bare of its residents. Eventually Satsuki made it into Y/N's apartment.

Satsuki: This place is surprisingly clean for a No-Star apartment...

Satsuki glanced around before heading into Y/N bedroom and to his bed. She reached underneath the bed and found both the silver case and the scrapbook. Curious, Satsuki sat down on the bed and decided to open the scrapbook, its contents made her eyes go wide.

Satsuki: Are these?...

The scrapbook held the many pictures that Y/N had taken when he fought the world's monsters. Some pictures showed Y/N facing down natural disasters, while others displayed the defeated bodies of various creatures.

Satsuki: He did all of these himself?...

In each of the photos, Y/N was smiling and posing for the camera. Satsuki did notice that in each of the photos, Y/N was wearing a pair of black gloves, which led her to look at the silver case next to her. She unlocked the case and inside were the gloves that Y/N wore in each of his photos.

 She unlocked the case and inside were the gloves that Y/N wore in each of his photos

Satsuki: Gloves?...

The gloves emitted an intimidating aura around them, when Satsuki touched them she could tell that these were not regular gloves. 

Satsuki: Strange...

She didn't have long to study them as Y/N's door was thrown down by a COVERS that wandered in.

Satsuki: Damn!

Thinking quickly Satsuki put on the black gloves in the silver case. The gloves felt heavy on her hands but she endured through it. The COVERS charged at Satsuki, she dodged under it and uppercut the creature. Much to her surprise, the strike she landed the COVERS had actually caused permanent damage to the suit. Satsuki took a second look at the gloves and then lunged at the COVERS. Each strike she landed on the COVERS resulted in severe damage for the creature. When the COVERS finally perished, she caught her breath.

Satsuki: These gloves act the same way as my Bakuzan... I should get these to Inumuta, maybe he can learn something about them.

Satsuki grabbed a near by duffle bag and threw the case and scrapbook inside. She kept the gloves on and made her way out of the apartment and from there, out of the city.

_____

_____

The Next Day

Kiryuin Manor