Medic x (Sick!)Reader

Your P.O.V.

I walked over to Pyro, a fresh idea in my head to keep them entertained.

"Hey, Pyro! You like candy, right?" They nod happily.

"Do you wanna learn how to make a really cool candy?" They nod furiously. I grab their hand and lead them to the kitchen.

"Okay, I'm gonna close the door, and then you can take your mask off, bud." They nod, and I close the door. They strip their mask off and smile hugely.

"What are we making?" I giggle.

"Candy apples." I pull out the apples, craft sticks, candy thermometer, and the sugar I bought earlier. Then I pull out a pot and stick the thermometer on it.

"You ready bud?" They nod.

"Let's do it! This'll be tasty!"

After an hour or so, we had created perfect candy apples. Perfectly red, and Pyro added some white sprinkles left over from Christmas sweets on top to give it a fun look.

"Good job, bud! Let's hand these out." They giggle and pull back on their mask. I grab the tray, and they open the door. Everyone's gathered in the living room playing cards or watching the players.

"Hey, guys! We made candy apples!" Everybody looks up and smiles.

"Aww, perfect! Thanks, mate!" Demo is the first to take one. I set the tray down in the middle of the table, and everybody grabs one except Medic.

"Hey Doc, don't you want an apple?" He shakes his head.

"Nein, danke. It could have Listeria in it. I don't particularly want to deal with zhat right now." I shrug and take one, eating with delight.

"These turned out really good, Pyro! I can't wait for you to try one." They nod and give me a thumbs up.

Soon, everyone has eaten their apple. I take the two spares back to the kitchen for Pyro to enjoy, then join in on the onlookers. It's always a treat to watch Heavy, Demo, Spy, Sniper, and Soldier play poker.

*Later~*

Your P.O.V.

I stretch after a good, hard-fought battle. We lost today, but nobody cares. Winning is always fun, but losing has its perks as well. Suddenly, I get a funny feeling.

"Hey (Y/N), you okay? You look like you might throw up..." Sniper pats me on the shoulder. I hold my stomach.

"I just might..." Then, the feeling surges up. I put a hand to my mouth and run, trying desperately to get to the toilet before time runs out. I luckily get there in time and empty my stomach with no problems.

Somebody comes in and holds my hair back. (If you have short hair, somebody comes in and pats you on the back.)

"I told jou. Listeria. Luckily, it only lasts two to five days, but jou still need to be quarantined and taken care of." I groan.

"Could you tell me this later? I'm kinda busy..." I duck for the bowl again, and he chuckles.

"After you're done, jou'll need to come to zhe Med Bay. I need to take care of jou." I nod, and he stays there, (holding my hair/comforting me, one or the other)

Once I'm done, I shakily get up.

"Ow, I think I pulled a muscle..." He pats my head.

"Nein, muscle pain is part of zhe many symptoms. Now come along." He takes my hand and guides me to the Med Bay, where he sits me down on the examination table. I swing my legs over the edge, not really paying attention to anything.

"Okay, say 'aah'." I open my mouth and hum. Something sweet is placed on my tongue. I send him a questioning look and close my mouth. It's a lollipop...?

"What, jou don't like grape?" I giggle and suck on it a bit before replying.

"I'm fine with grape, I just was expecting a tongue depressor, not a lollipop." He chuckles.

"Well, I don't need to check jour throat, I need to check jour temperature." He takes off his gloves and puts a hand to my head. I heat up a bit, and it has nothing to do with the fever I have.

"Do jou feel quite alright? A bit overheated and nauseous, if all?" I nod and smile. He removes his hand from my face, then grabs a stethoscope.

"Okay, zhis will be cold." He puts his hand up my shirt and presses the stethoscope to my chest. I blush madly and my heart beats much quicker.

"Are jou sure jou're okay, (Y/N)?" He smirks. I try to glare at him, but I clearly have no effect.

"You know I'm not okay." He chuckles.

"Take deep breaths." I do what he says. While I'm doing so, I don't notice his hand creep a bit lower. I do notice when he squeezes me, though. I squeak and smack him. He laughs and moves his hand back up.

"Sorry, couldn't resist, Liebste." He kisses my forehead and removes his hand altogether. I smile coyly and kiss his cheek. He hisses.

"G e r m s..." I laugh and swing my legs again.

"Jou know I don't like zhem! How dare jou." I stick my tongue out at him. He grabs my chest again. I flush and put my hands up in surrender.

"You win, babe." He chuckles.

"Oh, I know." He slips a cold mask onto my face, then kisses the mask where my lips would be. I giggle and press the mask to his cheek. He smiles.

"Come on now, I'll make jou some tea while jou rest here. Zhe patient beds are over zhere." He points to where the beds are, and I go over to one. He leaves, and I cosy up on the bed. Best. Sick day. Ever.