Spy x Reader(short fic!)

Your P.O.V.

Today was the big day! Well, the big day nobody knew about. It was my birthday, and only Spy knew. He was an asshole, however, so he would not celebrate it. I didn't care. All I needed today was a slice of cake, that's all.

I went downstairs to go to the kitchen, but there was a fight going on between Scout and Spy. I sighed and went to investigate.

"Alright, what's going on?" Scout glares at Spy then turns to me.

"He won't tell me who the box is for!" Spy rolls his eyes.

" 'Ou don't need to know, Scout." Scout growls at Spy.

"Yes, I do! What if it's a present for the other team? What if it's an explosive?"

"It's not an explosive, I wrapped ze box myself!" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, Spy, who is the box for?" He hands the box in question to me. It's wrapped in (team colour) gift wrap and Australium-coloured ribbon.

"It's for 'ou." I send him a confused glance, then I realize.

"S-Spy, I...didn't expect you to remember." He smiles softly.

"And why is zat? Of course, I would remember such a day as zis." Everybody sends questioning looks towards us.

"What day is today?" Spy glares at Scout.

"None of your concern, boy!" He walks away. I sit down on the couch and carefully tug at the ribbon, undoing it easily. Everyone stares at me as I unwrap the box. I pull out my dagger and cut open the lid.

I look inside, and there's a pendant made of gold inside, along with a small box of French chocolates, a rose without its thorns, and a bottle of perfume. I blush madly and take out the note.

"Joyeux anniversaire, mon cher~" I shiver at the smooth voice in my ear and the faint smell of cigarette smoke. Then the smell leaves me, alerting me that he left again. I'm still a blushing mess, however.

"What the hell was that about?" I shake my head at Soldier and leave, taking the box and ribbon with me. This has got to be the best birthday ever. Not only do I get what's in the box, but I have a new lover, as well.