(Red!)Engineer X (Red!)Reader(part two!)

Engie's P.O.V.

(Y/N) is so cool. She can do sick roasts, and always gets Scout off my back when he spams the ask for a dispenser. She's really nice, and she's so smart.

After battle one day, I catch up with her.

"Hey, Darlin'!" She turns and smiles at me.

"Yeah, Engie?" I look down shyly and shuffle my feet.

"Uhm, so, Ah looked at some of the equipment, and it seems like it might break down, which would result in a ceasefire week, so maybe you'd want to hang out with me during the ceasefire week?" She giggles.

"How are you so certain the equipment will be broken?" I smile up at her.

"Oh, it'll be broken. Trust me. So, yes?" She nods.

"Sure. Will we be going to town?" I hop on the balls of my feet excitedly.

"Yup! I bought some movie tickets." She raises an eyebrow at me.

"It almost seems like this breakdown is planned." I shrug.

"Maybe, maybe not." She pats my helmet.

"Okay, Engie. Next week, what day?"

"Tuesday. At four, so we can watch the movie and then grab a bite to eat after. It's a bit chilly outside, so you might wanna dress for that." She nods and smiles warmly.

"Okay, then. See you alone, at four, on Tuesday." I rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Well, actually, at two, so we can actually get to town in time for the movie. Is that okay?" She nods.

"That's fine. I have less time to get ready, but that's okay." I nod.

"Okay. See you then." She walks away. Once she's in the next room, I fist pump.

"YES! AH DID IT!" I dance a bit in celebration, then run to my workshop to continue working on the gift I made for her.

*Later~*

I packed my gift in a box and put it in the back of my truck before I went around to the front to pick up (Y/N).

She looked so pretty and warm.

(p much what you look like. the names aren't there, so credit to Gasara for the character creator used here.)

She smiled as I approached. I stopped the truck and opened the door for her. She climbs in, then closes the door behind her.

"Is this okay? I'll probably change later, though." I nod.

"You look great, Darlin'. Now, off to town." I shift the tuck into gear and drive away from the base. I watch it get smaller in the rearview until we get onto the highway. Then I pay attention to the road. Crazy drivers...