3

Gustav's POV:

7:58. I sit in a swing rocking back and forth.

"One more chance baby give me a kiss. You got one more chance to have a night like this." I sing. I've been working on this song for awhile now. I'm hoping to make it golden.

A car pulls up and i smile. I see her fire starting hair and her grassy green eyes. She comes down the hill and looks around. Her eyes land on me.

"You wrote that note? Really?" She asked.

"Yea." I say getting shy. She sits beside me. She starts to swing back and forth. Her hair moving over her shoulders.

"I hope Danny didn't scare you." I start to laugh.

"Ha no. Danny can suck my toe. Omg. Scared?" I start to die.

"What did you mean by I want to burn on your fire?"

"I figured you out."

"How? You just met me."

"But the smartest people watch everything."

"Okay. What have you figured out so far? "

"Your quiet when it comes to popularity. Its like you hate the attention. And you hide things. It bothers you and your boyfriend. Your smiles to him looked forced." She blinks. I smile knowing I got somewhere.

• • •

Rosey's pov:

He knows the basics of me. He'll never see the deep me. The part of me that hates people but still fights for them.

"Rose? Why does everyone worship you?" He asks.

"I don't know to be honest."

"The first time I saw you and noticed you were in 10th grade. I was in 11th. Failed 12th. You were only noticed because of Danny." I gawk. He smile.

"You offended me." I say.

"No. I'm helping you. Rose? Danny will never be yours. He blows you off at every party. He lets you walk away. You need to understand and study the facts I'm pointing out." I think about it. Before Danny came along, I was nothing. Nobody heard my cry for friends. Nobody cared. Danny saved my life once. That's how I knew he loved me. Or was it all a play?

Gus frowns.

"Your reaction though. It's sad." He says.

"Why'd you tell me all of this?"

"Its better for you to realize the truth then to be stuck in the dark. I'm here for you Rose. I always will be." Something inside me melts. Maybe he's right. My first heartbreak only to be fixed.

"Do you want to have dinner with me and my parents." He scratches at his chest. A peek of DADDY shows.

"I think you need to get home and sleep. Don't be like me Rose." He stands. I watch him walk down the sidewalk. He looks back and nods me over. I stand and jog to catch up with him. He looks down at me. We pass by the lake.

The moon shines above us. I laugh as he sticks his tongue out at me. I stick mine back out at him. I look out at the lake. He moves past me. He turns around and smiles. He falls back. I run to the side and look in. He pops outta the water. His pink hair sticking to his face. I can't tell what color his eyes are. But I see them glitter.

"C'mon in Rose." He says.

"I can't. I didn't bring extra clothes."

"Please." He says,"I have a hoodie you can have." I smile.