10

Gus's pov:

I watch Cherry do her magic. Bleaching Rose's hair over and over. Conditioning it. Then rinsing. Then another thing of bleach. Then the color. Cherry's partner Josh comes over and leads me to his station. He looks down at my hair and grabs a brush. He runs water through my hair and goes to a bowl.

He adds different types of oils and stuff and takes a brush doing my hair. Cherry puts Rose's hair in a cap to soak. She sits by me while Josh does my hair.

"Are you happy?" I ask.

"Yes. What do you think is going to happen at school tomorrow?"

"Everyone will stare and talk...."

"But...."

"Let them see. Let Danny see. Your done with the popular thing."

"Your right. I'm done being quiet. I'm ready to speak about who I am." I hear the confidence. Cherry calls her back over with a whistle.

·
·
·

Rose's pov:

Likes: 4.7k.   Comments: 814.  Posted 1 hr. Ago.

Roseygardens: I let you in and I can kick you out🚪

Username1: pertty girl💕

Usergame2: hmu baby😜

Lilpeep: your welcome roses. I miss you.

Roseygardens: I'm sitting beside you.

Username1: what^^^^ omg🐷

"I'm right here." Gus says.

"I know." My phone vibrates and I look at it.

Ex: so you roast me in front of the school. Beat my sister senseless. Ran off with Gus. And made everyone hate us. Is that your plan?

Me: you did this yourself. You cheated on me. You paid more attention to your games and stuff. Now I'm telling the truth and not hiding. I'm tired of being popular. I play video games. And me and Gus are fine. Don't flatter yourself with my new instagram post.

Ex: hold on.......
Ex: you colored your hair! .....like his.
Ex: I liked your hair red.

Me: I'm busy. Bye.

I turn off my phone and turn on my Xbox. I go straight to fortnite. Gus plays on his phone before taking mine. He plays around before my mom comes in. She sits on my mattress.

"So you two just gonna stay down in here and....well, play games?" She asks. My little brother Max comes in. He's 14. Me and him are different. He's a football player and I'm a nerd.

Weird how me and him come from same mom and dad but he's the athletic one. Always has a girlfriend and bad grades when I'm quiet~ish and always attracted to a Xbox.

"Mom? What do yah want us to do when you haven't told us to do something?" I ask while laughing. Gus smiles. We sit on the couch in front of the TV. My mom doesn't see him put his hand on my thigh. He knows nobody understands my weird styles.

"Well, I'm going to bed. Goodnight Y'all. C'mon Max." My mom says. They leave the room.

Gus looks over.

"Lets go out to eat." He says. I nod turning everything off. He pulls my by my hand to his car and were off.

"Where we going Gus?" He smiles.

"You'll see." He drives a few more minutes and pulls in a Huey's, "I know some people from Memphis here who cook the best stuff. Burgers. Fried Pickles. Good beer. Some girls put a bit of coconut rum in mountain dew for me. Shhhh...." He says laughing. He gets out of the car and comes opens the door for me.

I smell barbecue and smoke right away. I never knew Hueys was in California. He leads me in and a brunette smiles.

"Welcome back Gustav. How many?" She asks.

"Just two. Away from Kitchen." She nods and leads us. Everyone stares at us. I wonder if they are staring at us causes he's lil Peep and he's got a new girl or the pink hair. We sit by the window. I notice a familiar car pull in but I ignore.

"So? Gus? You were trying to ask me something at Starbucks. What was it?" I asks. The waitress comes. She's middle age. Her hair everywhere and her fingers twitchy. She sits down a glass of something brown and looks at ne, "water." I say flatly.

"Honestly I don't remember." He says lying through his teeth. I hear laughing behind me and turn. Danny and the same girl from Starbucks were looking straight at me. I look at Gus.

"Yah know? You should stay the night. " I say.

"Yasss girl." He says. My phone starts to ring.

"I need to take this." I say. I head off to the bathroom. I get in a stall and answer.

Me: hey daddy
Dad: hey sweetheart. You at home?
Me: no

The bathroom door opens and I lower my voice. I leave the stall to wash my hands.

Dad: is your mom home? She wasn't picking up her phone.
Me: mommas is at work. If not she's at the bar.
Dad: so I heard you got a boyfriend.
Me: Gus and me aren't dating.
Dad: why not?
Me: I don't know.
Dad: what happened to Danny?
Me: Danny cheated on me. Got mad about me making a new friend. He lied to me. And I just thought, maybe my mom and brother are right. Danny isn't the one.
Dad: I got to go baby girl. Love you. And you need to come to your step mom's bday party.
Me: okay. Love you too dad. See yah there I guess.
Call ended

I dry my hands and grab my phone from between my shoulder and ear and leave. Gus stands on stage by the bar and points right at me smiling.

|·Vote and comment·|