29

Gus's pov:

I sit in front of the mirror lighted in my dressing room. I gave Rose tickets and now I regret it. My heart breaks. I take a xan.

Gustav: don't worry about the tickets to my show. Just give them to your brother or something and we'll be cool

Rosey: I promised I would come. I'll stay for a few and give you back your clothes.

I wipe away the tears coming to my eyes. I didn't think before I texted her, now I have to face her.

Same as last time, someone comes and gets me 5 minutes before show. I don't know what I'm doing. My producer's push me on stage. The lights bright. The crowd loud. My head spins.

"Wassup L.A!" I scream into the mic. Girls scream and reach for me. It's a crowd of maybe 200.
Past the castle Walls comes on.

"Left my world behind for you!" The song continues. Tracy and me perform like we rehearsed. I stare out into the crowd for Rose. Maybe she didn't come. Maybe she couldn't see me again. That would be better since I'm not worth enough to her.

Funny thing is, I stopped doing drugs because of her. Past the Castle Walls is me moving on. But I guess I'm right back where I started.

The songs continue to go. I wrote most of them because of Rose. She was the light in the dark.

"Someone asked me, if I missed my old life." Spotlight finishes out. My eyes filling with tears.

"Someone asked me, 'what if you never had someone to stand up for you?' Is it possible that someone else put me up here?" Tracy leans in.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm giving a piece of my mind." The tension in the room gets heavier. Everyone is getting on the edge of their seats. The thoughts of saying what I'm finna say scares me.

"As of the next week, I will be leaving for New York to visit my mother. And if I can't seem to find myself, I will be permanently moving there."

The room goes into chaos. I've never thought of being this Petty but I can't stay here. I broke my own heart. I look over the crowd one more time.

I see a flash of blonde hair in the front underneath a black hoodie. I crouch down to see the face closer. Tears flow down Rose's face.

"I leave tomorrow. I love you all." I stand and head back behind stage. Tracy follows me.

"What was that!" He yells.

"I need to leave. I need to get away."

"From Rose? She's out there crying!"

"Probably because I'm done being thrown around. She snuck behind my back and I don't give second chances."

"Then you lost me too. I'm not going. You spaced off from Rose and she got depressed."

"This was way before that! She did this at my first show. Don't take up for her. She should have talked to me and stayed loyal. I didn't care if they were friends but if she had to hide it behind my back, there was more to the story than what I found out." Tracy yells my name.

I reach my dressing room to see a big box of clothes. It's really over. This is it. No more Rose. No more kisses. No more hugs. No more late nights and early mornings. I did this. Now theres no more love.

Rosey's pov:

He's leaving forever maybe. He'll never come back because of me. Tears fall down my face as I leave the box by his door. I kept one hoodie in hope of me getting him back, but I never will. Why me? I know I was in the wrong.

"Calm down Rose." Danny says. He knew about this. He agreed as friends but it hurts. My knees buckle in the hallway.

"I love him!" I yell. Danny holds me tight as I cry. Tracy runs up to me too. Danny holding him off.

"Y'all done enough." Danny says.

"Well if your girlfriend didn't hide she was talking to you, maybe peep would be with her right now in the dressing room so backup you city like boy and let someone who is here to fix this talk to her." I'm still laying in the floor crying. Tracy gets down on his knees as Danny backs away.

"Why Rose?" Tracy asks.

"I don't know anymore!"

"Then fix it." I crawl away from him.

"I can't. He's leaving and it's all because of me."

"He loves you."

"Doesn't matter. He wants to go so I let him."

"I know. That's why I'm recommending you visit me once a week."

"What?" I ask like a confused little kid.

"I'm going to help you realize Gustav isn't all sunshine and flowers."

"What if I don't want too?"

"Deep inside, you do wanna know."
-
-
-
<<1 week later>>

Gustav's pov:

8:45 a.m.

I make no contact with anyone except Tracy. Half the day, he's gone. I leave in a few hours. My bags packed. License in hands. I wait. Tracy has been gone for a few hours. Longer this time. I hold one of Rose's hoodies. She hasn't tried making contact, so this means we're 100% over.

My phone vibrates in my pocket.

Tracy: I'll be home in a hour.

I groan. My head hitting the wall with a great amount of force. I rub it. My life just fell to pieces and even real life pain doesn't really hurt.

The rest of my body screams in pain. I don't wanna leave. I made this my life. I love Rose.

"Your worthless Gustav." I say to myself.