32

Burn me down
Till there's nothing left
I will scream your name with my last breath.

I still lay in bed. No messages from the girl but after awhile I drift to sleep. It felt so peaceful. I was in my own world.

My mind wanders to Rose. Her beautiful pink hair. That Rose necklace she wears. Her oversized shirts and yoga pants.
Those bright green eyes.

Some part of me break from thinking of her so much. This time, I feel cold. She was the sun in my life but I wasn't good enough to her.

She deserves so much more than a broke down rapper. Maybe her and Danny will get back together. Maybe she'll have the kids she wants. The big mansion. The Mercedes Benz.

My phone starts ringing. I search the bed to find it under my pillow. With a yawn, I answer.

"Hello?"

"Wanna know more about Lele?"

"'Who is she?' is my main question." My clock reads 3:32 am.

"She clearly knows your ex. So most likely, she has some connection to your ex. To the people here, she is the girl who hangs with the wrong group."

"What do you mean?"

"Her little possy. Scars. Tattoos. Piercings. Not the exact school type. Their all drop outs and have no social life. Just jail records."

"So why come at me? I kept me and my ex's break up quiet. So did she."

"Maybe she and your ex are connected by talking." I've never seen Rose text a Lele. She never mentioned one either.

"I honestly can't see any connection."

"Then the connection wasn't in plain sight but close."

"Well talk tomorrow." I reply after a moment. "I need a picture of her incase it will jog something in my mind."

"Okay. Fritty's coffeehouse at 10 am, sound good?"

"Can't wait."

°9:56 a.m.°

I was already in a booth with a black coffee. The taste terrible but I don't complain. The store was cozy. Not to big but not tiny. Same vibe as Starbucks but cheaper. The store looks quite new so it wasn't here when I first left.

The girl comes in. Her long brown hair straighten. It flows down her back. Her blue eyes hidden under thick lashes and black shadows. Her hoodie goes to her knee caps and her tights hugs her bottom curve. If I wasn't so in love with Rose, then I would ask her out.

I can't believe I just admitted loving Rose. My mouth goes dry.

"Hey." she says sitting her phone on the table. I smile and try my best to act calm.

"Hi." I say. She slide a picture towards me.

"This is from our yearbook. Two weeks before she dropped out so its frankly new." The picture shows a smiling black hair girl. Her green eyes are unmistakable. Rose's eyes. So is the connection family? If so, how?

"She has to be related to my ex so I'm wondering what happened behind my back."

"I remember you saying her name was Rose and I looked up the relationship. She has refused to meet with podcast, radio stations, and all that."

"So the relationship is family."

"Seventy-Five percent sure. Lele name is Lilly. So that leaves Rose and Lilly. Flowers."

"They're not sisters. I dated her a good minute. So maybe a relationship with her mother. I've never met her father. She says he stays at work so he went to get a pack of cigarettes."

"Then your dealing with your ex's family. Lele ain't going to be easy on you. What about graduation?"

"I don't know if I passed. I most likely did because Rose would never let me fail. The event usually happens June 18th."

"School ends in a month."

"I know. I signed up for their homeschool program." she nods along, "I honestly miss Rose. She was something werid but addicting."

"Then go get her." she takes my coffee and sips on it.

"It's not a simple. Boys don't always have confidence. I would be nervous and I would stutter a lot."

"Then make it easier. What's your hobby?"

"Rapping."

"Perfect! Then make a song."

I sign. "It's not that simple."

"Explain some of the situations later. We gotta get you a beat." She stands and drags me with her.

"Okay, get this. Find a beat. Your spotlight song has a kinda upbeat. Feelz is constant. So lets find you a real beat." she says tapping her chin.

"What are you thinking?"

"Give me a lyric." She says crossing the road with us still hand and hand.

"Tell me awful things."

"Then thats where we'll start."