25

Gus's pov:

I walk through Walmart looking for a new IPhone charger. Girls come running up screaming or men will want a gangsta picture with me. So I finally throw on my Hello Kitty hoodie and keep my head down. People stare at me weird but nobody checks my face. 

The smells of beer gets stronger as I walk to the electronic sections. With every new step, the air gets thicker. I turn the corner not paying attention and see Layla and Danella. They face  a photo of a Hard Candy model. 

"She will never become a model. All of her Instagram followers are fake." Danella says. 

"Rose took him from me. I wanted him so bad but she made him fall in her spell in lest than a week."

"She wont last with him. He'll move on when his career bounces up."

"Let's hope." They turn and I put my head down and walk pass the makeup to the door. I get in my car and put my head on the steering wheel. I don't dare move. I sit there scared that I might break. They're out for my babygirl.

_
_
_

Rose's pov:

"Where's Gus, Rosey?" my mom asks.

"He had to go by the store." I say adding more makeup to my 10 pounds already. She sits beside me and closely examines. Her soft eyes wander over my face. Her soft, glassy eyes. It's like she hasn't slept in days but tried covering it up. 

"What's wrong, Momma?" I ask putting down my mascara and grabbing her hand.

"Your worrying me. Is Gus really what you want?"

"He's everything I could imagine."

"I don't wanna see you hurt again."

"I know but sometimes the pain feels good."

-
-
-

Gus's pov:

I stand outside the door. Her mother cries in Rose's room. Not only are they going after Rose, but sounds like they're going after me too.

Maybe I am a mistake in Rose's life. Maybe if I never met her, she wouldn't be so much of a target. I only just made it worse.

Her mother cries softly. Rose comforts her again. Saying she'll be fine. Everything will be fine.
It won't though. Somehow, one of us is going to get hurt. Maybe both of us.

"I know it seems weird mother but keep going." Rose says.

"I think Gus is enough to keep you happy but will he give you everything you need?"

"I don't know but just a little is good enough for me mother. I only need his trust."

Which you totally loosing Rose. Say you love me. Say you need me. Say something.

Make me believe everything is okay. Part of me even wants to unblock Lay to see what she has to say. Ugh.

This love stuff is so confusing. Who's lying and who's telling the truth. Who's in need and who in want. This is so confusing and it hurts. Why does this happen to me?

"Mom? I think Gustav loves me."

"I wouldn't be surprised."