27

Gustav's pov:

I miss the way you move.
Across the floor.
Just me and you.
We will make it through.
Just me and you.

C'mon Gustav, This is for the world. My phone vibrates. I ignore until it continues.

(###)###-####
Attached message

I click on the message to see a blurry video. I've spent a month avoiding Layla and Danella. Me and Rose drift apart more and more. The gig I got comes up. I wanna make this special.

The video loads as I click it. I see Rose's pink hair in a dressing room. I can't make out words but I see Rose mad. I make out one word and one word only. Danny. Anger rushes through me. Why is Rose with the? Then sadness. She's with him. Then confused. Why is he there at my concert?

I still sit in Rose's room. We've made this our room. My clothes in the closet. It smells of cologne and Lavender. We've slept in her bed for at least 2 months. I haven't cheated. I gave her a lot of love, and all I get is her secretly going behind my back, talking to the one person I hate more than life.

Rose is in her brothers room playing H1Z1. Her mom is out back fixing her flower bed. Tears rise to my eyes. This was a month ago. I can't stop myself. I start crying. I grab my car keys and head to the front door. Rose comes downstairs to see my tears.

"What's wrong, baby?"She says trying to hug me. I push her away. I let's the tears fall.

"You tell me! I've been busy trying to make something of myself and I wanted to spend time with you today but I'm done." I say yelling. Rose's mom comes in.

"What do you mean, Gus?"

"You and Danny! Behind my back. At my own concert. "

"And what about you and Layla? Or you and Danella? I didn't care if my popularity went down the drain but you make it so hard to have a decent conversation. I had fun till you spaced off. I know your trying to make a life for yourself but this isn't the way. I'm tired of being the Goth Boys boring girlfriend."

"You could have told me instead of keeping secrets. I wanted to only protect you. I only want to make you mine," I say softly. Her face gets softer,"but your a liar. That 'I don't care about my popularity' is a lie. You hid that your a nerd. You make scenes and act like everything is hunky dory!" I yell.

"And don't act like you don't."

"Were done Rosey." The words leave my mouth before I thought twice. Rose's face is wet with tears. She turns around and runs back upstairs. I turn around and walk outside.

What did I just do? I get in the car and drive. I messed up. I did this. All me. Not her.

The words hit her hard. I can tell. They were swords to her rambunctious heart.

My car sputters as I pull over. I grab the keys and rush out into the wet grass of the park. Kids from the swings point at me and laugh. People from school look at me with disgusted looks.

The sky fills with clouds. My back becoming wet from the already damp grass. The tears flow down my face.

I love you, Rosey. What did I just do?
______

Rosey's pov:

"Your okay." My mother says. It's a Monday. 2 months before prom. I've done my best to make myself look better. But my hair color only reminds me of Gustav's.

"I'll be fine. Strong woman don't pity people who have no feelings." It's hurts to say that to my mother's face but I want her to believe as much as I do.

"Are you sure you wanna go?"

"I have too." I say continuing dressing.

School starts slow. Everyone looks at me. They all know now. Gustav's reaction in the park stunned everyone. He was caught smoking pot on the swings and screaming he hates his life.

Then everyone noticed me changing my BIOS and deleting photos of me and him.

"I'm so sorry." A girl from Chemistry says.

"Are you okay?" Asks a teacher from 11th.

Everyone knows and not a soul in school can doubt it. Me and Gus broke up. Rumors started he cheated on me or he beat me to make me stay with him. I ignore like usual.

Classes continue and there's no sign of Gustav. I head no motorcycle outside or see the his tattoo face. I wanna see him but I might cry again. I might just scream. Everyone is giving me pity. I just wanted Gus. How did it come to this?

"Rose?"