Chapter 4

I kept dreaming about my old life, before Jo and Ellen, before John, when I actually had a family. My dad was in the army, he was tall and handsome. And my mom was always there when I needed her. I was 7 when they died in a house fire. I was at school, and apparently a candle was knocked down, or so the police said. I had no family to take me in, so I was in and out of foster homes. But I kept dreaming about before the fire, how my parents acted strangely sometimes. How they'd always tell me to stay away from the basement, and how they'd always go on 'road trips' without me. Acouple days before the fire, they were acting strangely. But I was only 6, like I knew any better at the time.

Maybe I need to revisit the pile of ashes I once called home.

I pull myself out of bed, and slip on my jeans before making my way down the quiet hallway towards the kitchen. Most of the lights were off, the only light illuminating from the kitchen. I peek around the corner and see Dean sitting at the metal table with a beer in hand, deep in thought.

"Hey." I walk in, taking a seat next to him. "Hey, your up early." He responds, giving me a smile? I don't know if I'd really call that a smile or smirk but it was something. "Uh yeah, couldn't really sleep." I sigh. "Yeah me too." There was silence for awhile, I cleared my throat and look down at my lap,"Um can I get a ride to like a store or something? Kinda need new clothes and other girly stuff." I mumble, kind of embarrassed. "Oh yeah sure no problem let's go." He stands up, tossing his beer bottle away and grabbing his car keys off the table. I follow him up a pair of dark iron stairs and out a heavy metal door.

I'm greeted by bright sun and the sound of cheering birds. I follow Dean towards a beautiful black impala.
"She's beautiful." I breath, grazing my finger tips over the hood. "Thank you, she's my baby." He beams proudly over his car. I can't blame him, she really is beautiful. I climb into the passenger seat while Dean climbs into the other side and we make our way to the store. The car ride was silent, but it was nice. I watched the surroundings around me out the window change, admiring the leaves changing colors. I look over at Dean, watching him as he focuses on the road ahead. God damn was he attractive. I know I barely know him, but gosh I felt something. Maybe it was just lust, and I was confusing it for something else. He looks over at me, causing my cheeks to turn crimson and I look away. It was too late. He saw me. Fuck. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to fall out of my chest.

We finally arrived at a store, and I grabbed acouple piece of clothes and toiletries before we stopped at a coffee shop to get breakfast. This time the car ride wasn't quiet, Dean was blasting his music while drumming along on the steering wheel. I giggle, watching him and joined him once in awhile to acouple of songs until we arrived back at the 'bunker'. When we came in, Sam was sitting at the large table at what I assumed was the library, on his library deep in focus.

"Morning." I greet him kindly. "Morning, where were you guys?" Sam asks, eyeing my bags. "Clothes shopping. Now if you'll excuse me I'm in need of a shower. Can you tell me where the bathroom is?" I ask. "Two doors to the left from yours." Dean responds before Sam can. I smile,"Thanks, see you boys in a bit."

I make my way down the hallway, finding the bathroom easily and lock the door behind me before slipping out of my clothes. I turn the water on, making sure it's steaming before I climb in. It stings at first, but then my skin adjusts to the temperature and I'm indulged in its warm embrace. I didn't realize how much I really needed this shower. I pull out the toiletries I needed, taking my time to clean myself. Once done, I wrap myself in a fluffy towel and I begin getting ready like normal. I need to tell Sam about my house, so we can maybe go there and see if there's a clue.

I tie my h/c into a pony tail, and slip on my new pair of jeans with my f/c t-shirt. I toss my toiletries and dirty clothes in my room before making my way back into the library.

"So I had a dream." I say entering the library to get Sam and Dean's attention. "About?" Dean asks, raising his brow. "My old house, my family. I'm just now remembering how weird they acted sometimes.....like hunters trying to hide their secret from their daughter weird." I inform them, placing my hands in my pockets. "You think that's why the vampires are after you?" Sam asks. I shrug and begin pacing,"I think, I don't know. I mean it's a start and right now we don't have any leads. So why not take this one." I look over at them, maybe they think I'm crazy. Or maybe they think that I hit my head too hard. "Well it's worth a shot, bette start packing." Dean smiles, standing up and walking pass me towards his room. "Really?" I ask in disbelief. "Yeah, i mean what do we have to loose?" Sam smiles, standing up and draping his arm around my neck. "Come on let's pack." He smiles down at me leading me down the hall. I can tell Sam and I are going to be very good friends, Dean on the other hand. The way I feel around him, I don't know how it'll be.