Chapter 44

Dean and Sam went on hunts while Gabriel and I went house hunting. I didn't really realize how specific Dean and I wanted things. He wanted a large garage for baby and his tools, a backyard to have a massive grill, space for Sammy, and a large fridge for beer. I wanted a nice kitchen, a good play space for Grace and her little brother/sister, good schools, good parks and all the basic mom things.

   Gabriel and I were driving to a house we found online, this was probably the 100th house we've looked out. I was starting to give up till we pulled up. It was beautiful...the front was white, with light gray shutters. The garage was huge, and the doors matched the shutters. The windows were large, allowing me to see inside. The yard was large and fenced with a beautiful garden that I could imagine Grace having so much fun in.
     "Isn't it cute?" Gabriel asks snapping me out of my trance. I nod and we get out of the car. "The best schools are in this area, there's a huge park down the road, and lots of kids in the neighborhood." Gabriel informs me. While listening I unbuckle Grace out of her car seat.
    "It sounds great." I smile. Gabriel and I walk inside with Grace and I instantly fall in love with the place. There was a large living room, large kitchen, a small office space I could use as Grace's play room, and the back yard was huge and fenced. The basement was like a mini apartment, there were 3 full baths, 1 half on the main level and 4 bedrooms upstairs. It was perfect. I instantly fell in love, and by that afternoon we purchased the house thanks to Gabriel.

  Once we got back to the bunker, I put Grace down for a nap and began to do laundry. Gabriel was at the bar giving me a break since I've been working late nights there. Once I finished laundry I began packing up some of the stuff from the bunker. While packing I found a box under Dean's bed. I didn't want to be nosey but I've never seen this box before. I open the box and see a small pile of photos. I smile to myself as I shuffle through the pictures until I stop. There was a picture of Cas, Sam, Dean, a man in a wheel chair that looked familiar......with Jo and Ellen.

  God I miss them

  God I miss them....so much. I begin thinking about how hard Ellen wanted a normal life for Jo.....and now they're both dead due to hellhounds....Ellen was so paranoid after she lost her husband....what if that happened to Dean...I feel tears stream down my face when I hear the bunker door opening and the familiar voices. I wipe my face and take a deep breath before going out into the library.
     "Hey you're back." I smile tightly.
      "Hey how'd house hunting go?" Sam asks with a smile as he sits at the table.
     "Great. We actually found a house. So guess we gotta start packing." I respond. I feel two arms wrap around my waist and someone's head nuzzle into the crook of my neck. I chuckle and lean back.
    "Hey baby." He chuckles against my skin and pulls away kissing my cheek.
    "So we bought a house?" He asks.
    "Mhm." I respond with a wide smile.
    "Where's princess?" Dean asks walking down the hall.
     "In her room can you get her up babe it's passed her nap time." I respond. Once Dean is gone Sam clears his throat and leans forward in his seat.
   "Okay what's wrong?" Sam asks. I arch my brow and chuckle.
    "Nothing why?" I respond. He smiles and stands up.
    "I'm not stupid, I know there's something on your mind." Sam smiles down at me. I sigh and cross my arms over my chest, and begin pacing.
   "Could you ever imagine Dean giving up hunting?" I ask. I stop to face Dean and his eyes are wide.
   "We talking about the same Dean right?" I sigh and take a seat bouncing my leg nervously. Sam sits next to me and grabs my hand gently.
    "The Dean I knew wouldn't settle down, wouldn't be a father, and would never stop hunting......but we've gotten this far so it won't hurt to try." Sam says. I nod and give him a small smile before standing up.
    "Thanks Sam." I give him a hug before heading down the hall. I peek into Grace's room and see neither of them are in there, so I go into Dean and I's room. I see Dean laying on his back while lifting Grace up into the air causing her to squeal and giggle. I smile watching them from the doorframe until I finally sit next to them on the bed.
   "Hey Dean can we-"
   "I heard you and Sam." Dean says cutting me off. I look down at the bed, not wanting to meet his gaze. I hear him sigh and the bed shift before I feel him place his hand on mine. I look up at him and notice he has a small smile on his face.
   "Baby I was already 5 steps ahead of ya. Gabriel told me about the house you saw today, I knew you'd love it so I got a job at a local auto body shop only 15 minutes away from the house, 10 from Grace's schools, and there are gonna be tons of benefits." He informs me. I didn't realize I was tearing up until I feel a tear escape.
   "I-I don't know what to say." I respond. He smiles and gently kisses me on the lips, Grace laying on the bed playing with her bunny toy.
   "Say you're happy.....that's all I want." He whispers after pulling away. I let out a small giggle and wrap my arms around his neck.
    "I love you." I mumble against his neck.
    "I love you too baby girl, you happy?" He asks. I nod and instantly I feel him fall back into the bed pulling me with him. I giggle landing on his chest and Grace giggles wobbling over to us to join in.