Chapter 5

"Sam." I whisper. It was late but we were still driving. Dean was asleep in the passenger side while Sam was driving. "Yeah?" He whispers back. "I gotta pee." I whisper. "You peed like 30 minutes ago." He chuckles. "I have a child's bladder, besides I just chugged a f/f slushee." I giggle, knowing how childish I sounded. "Fine, there's a gas station up ahead, make it snappy." He sighs, pulling up to an old gas station. I hop out and make a Beeline towards the bathroom. Surprisingly it wasn't the typical nasty ass bathroom. I do my business and wash my hands, only taking 5 minutes. I come out and see Dean is awake, out of the car stretching.

I make my way over to the car,"Hey sleeping beauty." I chuckle. He gives a sarcastic smile while stretching and cracking possibly every bone in his body. "Hey y/n I'm gonna take the back seat and get some sleep, sit up front with Dean." Sam informs me as he crawls into the back, laying down the best his ginormous body can.

I slide into the passenger seat, while Dean slides in the other side before we're back on the road again. The ride was quiet, no chit chat between Dean and I, the only sounds was a snoring Sam, and the purring engine that I could listen to all day.

"This was your dad's car wasn't it?" I ask, trying to start conversation. I kept my voice soft to avoid waking up Sam. "Yeah, this the car you tried to steal from?" Dean asks, glancing over at me for a second before focusing back on the road. "Yeah, I figured a nice car, has to have nice stuff in it," I chuckle shaking my head,"Little did I know the nicest thing in there were machetes and silver bullets." He chuckles, "So why weren't you around with Jo and Ellen when  we were?" Dean asks, changing the topic. "Hunts mostly. I wish......," I sigh, trying to hold back the tears that I felt a sudden urge to release,"I wish I was there more. I wish i was there when it all happened, I don't even know what happened." The car grew silent. The air was thick, so thick you could cut it with a knife. "We were um.....investigating a town, full of reapers and......hell hounds started chasing after us.....it got Jo really bad." Dean began painting the picture for me. Tears began to stream down my face, but I stayed silent for him to finish. "We were able to barricade ourselves in a store......Jo was....beyond our help. We were surrounded. Ellen was able to make an explosive, but someone had to be there to hit the button.....Jo volunteered....But Ellen stayed behind.....She told us to go.....one thing lead to another and.....the explosion went off 5 seconds after we left." His voice didn't crack, not even once. But there was still pain and sadness in his voice. I let out a shaky breath and wiped my face before he could notice. "That....must've been hard on you guys." I stare down at my lap, my voice was mumbled. I didn't want my voice to crack in front of Dean. "Yeah...."

And just like that the conversation was over. The rest of the car ride was silent which I was grateful for. I laid my head against the cool window and listened to the engine purr, which eventually put me to sleep. I dreamt of hellhounds, and fires that night.

When I woke up, I was in a soft bed. I was greeted by a white comforter and sheets, with baby blue walls. I sit up and glance around my surroundings, there was a matching bed to my left, a huge ass window to my right, in front was a couch and a tv. I guess we stopped at a motel. It was pretty nice, compared to the others I've stayed at. I get out of my warm bed, making my way towards the window and peek out the curtain. We were in my old town. I smile softly, watching as people walked around, smiles on their faces without a care in the world.

I turn around hearing the bathroom door open, and see Dean wrapped in a white fluffy towel. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. My cheeks heat up as I look down at my feet.
      "M-Morning." I stutter. Fuck stay calm!!! "Morning, you sleep okay?" He asks, clearly unaware that I'm affected by his current state. Or maybe he knew and he was toying with me. "Um fine." I grab my bag, avoiding Dean and rush over towards the bathroom.

Once in the safety of the bathroom, I lean against the door and let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. God damn, that man is going to be the death of me. Once I finally calmed down, I did the basics, shower, hair, and slipped on some shorts and a black tank top before exiting the bathroom. This time Dean was dressed, and Sam was back with coffee and food.
      "Hey, got you a f/f muffin." Sam smiled. "My favorite!!! Thank you." I return the smile, gladly accepting the bag with coffee and sit on the edge of my bed. "So after this, we heading to the house?" I ask stuffing the muffin in my mouth. "Yeah, hopefully there's enough to figure out something." Sam replies. "And hopefully we don't have any run ins with your friends, like the ones from the bar." Dean adds, taking a sip from his coffee. I nod in agreement and wash down my muffin with my coffee.