Chapter 10

I meet the boys at their hotel, and they lead me into their hotel room which was cheaply decorated. Not surprised. Dean tosses himself on the sofa, while Sam leads me over to a small table that's covered with papers and his laptop.
"So around 9 we can head out to the guys office?" I ask taking a seat at the table with Sam. He nods, and hands me a beer. "Until than I guess we can catch up." Sam smiles slightly. I return the smile, "So what have you boys been up to?" I ask. "Well Dean's best friend is an angel,"Sam replies as if it was the most normal thing ever,"well he was already our friend when we met you, he's just back." He shrugs. I look back at Dean who just shrugs causing me to chuckle,"Okay, that's totally normal." "What about you?" Dean asks, moving over to the table with Sam and I. "Me? Not much. I solved my parent's case, met a guy, turned out to be a crazy satanic, moved on." I shrug sipping my beer. "Crazy satanic?" Sam asks curiously. "He found out about what I did, and instead of being scared or supporting me he wanted to summon Demons and become best friend friends with Lucifer." I chuckled shaking my head. "Such great taste in men." Sam jokes, causing me to roll my eyes but chuckle. "Yeah."

I leave the room for acouple minutes to go to the bathroom, but before I can exit I stop hearing Sam, Dean, and someone else talking.
"Jesus Christ Cas what did we say about that!!!" Dean shouts. "I'm sorry Dean." The deep voice replies. "What is it Cas?" Sam asks. "Well I didn't have anything else better to do, and I figured you were on a case. So here I am." The man said plainly. He talked kinda funny. I peeked my head out of the bathroom, and see a man with dark hair, blue eyes, and a trench coat standing there. He looks over at me and tilts my head. "Dean did you have another night of sexual intercourse with a stranger?" The man asks, keeping his eyes locked on me. My cheeks burn up as I exit the bathroom. "No Cas, this is our old friend y/n. Y/n this is castiel." Dean replies, his cheeks slightly pink. "Hello, I'm Castiel an angel of the lord." He smiles at me. "Hi." I reply, slightly hesitant to stand near him. "You are the female Dean insulted 3 years ago?" Castiel asks suddenly. My eyes widen and I look at Sam and Dean,"Um.....I guess you could say that." I clear my throat, crossing my arms over my chest. "Dean has worried about you since that night he-" Castiel was cut off my Dean slapping his arm."Cas not now." He snaps at Cas. I look up at Dean and smile slightly, my cheeks burning.

It was finally 9, Cas and Dean took the impala while Sam drove with me. I was honestly grateful to have Sam with me, he was nice to talk to.
"Cas wasn't lying you know?" Sam says after awhile. "What do you mean?" I respond, glancing at him slightly. "When you left, Dean beat himself up about it every day. He thought that you were dead, that if we were there you'd be safe." Sam informs me. I look over at Sam for a second,"Really?" I ask in disbelief. He nods and gives me a small smile. I look back at the road, feeling my heart soar. He was worried about me. Dean Winchester worried about little ol me. "He even tried looking for you." Sam continues, making me smile more. "Really?" I ask again. "Y/n.....you like Dean. Don't you?" Sam asks. I look over at him, should I tell him? "I know you do, it's kind of obvious. Don't worry my lips are sealed." He smiles at me. I smile back and pay attention to the road again. I'm happy to have Sam as my friend, I'm happy Castiel opened his mouth, and I'm happy Dean cares.

We pull up to the victims office, and we all climb out of the cars.
"Cas, can you flash us up there?" Dean asks. Castiel nods, grabbing a hold of Sam, and Dean while Dean wraps his arm around my waist. My cheeks turn crimson red as I grip onto Dean tightly while closing my eyes.
Within a flash we were in the victims office. I open my eyes completely and let go of Dean. His grip was still tight around my waist. I looked up at him and cleared my throat. He finally let go, giving me an apologetic smile and we both begin searching around the office. I looked around the books, not finding anything.
"Over here." Dean whispers to us. We make our way over to Dean who's at the desk. "What is it?" I ask. "Hex bag." Dean says holding up a small bag. "So a witch cursed him or something like that?" I ask, taking the little bag from Dean. "Possibly, but why? I mean this guy was a lawyer. But not a bad one." Sam adds, his curiosity bubbling through the tone of his voice. "I guess we're going to have to do more research, tomorrow we can check out the house see if we find another hex." I sigh. They agree, and Cas flashes us back to the cars. "Hey Sammy take the impala back to the motel, I'm going to ride with y/n." Dean says suddenly tossing Sam the keys. I look over at Dean in disbelief, Sam nods hesitantly before getting in the impala with Castiel. I get in my car and wait for Dean to climb in the passenger seat.

The car ride was awkwardly silent. I constantly glance over at Dean, trying to see what he was thinking.
"About what Cas said earlier." Dean finally says. I smile slightly,"Don't worry about it-" "No y/n I have to worry about it," Dean says cutting me off, "I have to worry it. I was a jerk to you, and I was so wrong. I regretted for the longest and.....I was worried about you, I was worried I sent you to your death, that you'd be alone...." Dean sighs and grabs my hand making me look over at him. "I'm sorry y/n." I smile and squeeze his hand reassuringly,"It's okay Dean. What you told me........and than leaving......it gave me time to think. You were right. I'm not Jo and i shouldn't of tried taking her place in your heart. I shouldn't of brought my family's problems with me." I smile tightly, keeping my gaze of the road. "No I was wrong. You weren't trying to take her place, you were trying to heal and I pushed you away. We should've helped with that case, you could've gotten hurt." I pull over to the side of the road, cutting off the engine and turn to face Dean. We just stared at each other, sitting in complete silence. "Dean." I sighed and shook my head looking down. "Y/N.....don't leave again...." Dean whispers. I look up at him, gazing back into his green eyes and see their drowning in pain. I hesitate, but slowly bring my hand up to his cheek and cup his face in my hand. His gruff tickled the palm, but it felt right there. Like it belonged. "Your stuck with me Winchester." I smile. He sighs In relief and smiles back, leaning into my hand more.

I don't really know what happened that night, all I know is that I've broken down a small piece of Dean Winchester's wall that surrounded his heart. And I wasn't going anywhere.