Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
969 Words
~

A few weeks have passed and the event date is getting closer. I've perfected my skills and even my response time. That's right, I took my ninja reflexes out of hiding.

I'm about to head to bed when I get a knock at my door. I rush down and there's a mailman standing there with a medium sized box. "Sign here, please." He says with an extremely monotone voice. I sign it and take in the package before closing the door. I didn't order anything and I wasn't expecting a gift from someone either. How wonderful, no return address or name. I open it and read the note at the top. 

"Hey Sarah! You'll be needing this for the event. You'll have these on at all times. Have a good day!

- Island Records Management"

I hold up a lanyard and hoodie. They both say "Shawn Mendes Staff" on them with the illuminate logo. I'm gonna be Shawn Mendes' medic. Oh my god, I'm gonna be Shawn Mendes' medic.

~

Time slips from my grasp and before I know it, the day is here! My first event as a medic. I wake up at around 5am and take a shower. I do some light makeup and put waves in my hair while putting on my scrubs and pulling the hoodie on top. I check my trauma kit that I'll keep in my pocket. Everything is there. I head out the door and get a taxi to the airport. I live in LA and the event is in Vancouver. I don't have any boarding passes or flight confirmations but I've been told that it's been "taken care of" already. I pay the driver and tell him to keep the change while going in to the gigantic LAX airport.

My phone goes off as I get a text from Andrew. "Meet me at gate 26. You're flying private today." Private, wow. I thought I'd have to be in a rush but since there won't be crazy security lines, I walk at a normal pace. Once I get there I'm greeted by everyone who was there at the meeting a few weeks ago. I'm about to take a seat off to the side when Andrew pulls me aside "So, Sarah, you'll be sitting with Shawn. He's very protective of his fans and wants to talk to you. Be prepared for one hell of a lecture." I laugh and nod sitting down on a bench while watching the other planes come and go.

~

"The plane is boarding!" The flight attendant announces. I board and sit at the back. There's a small table and seat across from me. Shawn comes holding two coffees and a muffin. "I didn't know what you liked so I just settled for a latte, I hope that's okay." I smile and take it from him "You must know me well because it's my favourite, thank you." He sits down and introduces himself "I think you know I'm Shawn Mendes but I'll tell you a bit more. I'm from Pickering in Ontario, Canada. I have a younger sister named Aaliyah, my mom Karen and my dad Manny. I love muffins and hate tomatoes. Oh! I also love Harry Potter. Okay, your turn." I grin, noticing the way his smile widens when he talks about his family "I also think you know I'm Sarah Wilson and I'll tell you more. I'm from Los Angeles in California, United States. I have a younger sister named Christine, my mom Jenn and my dad Matthew. I love cinnamon buns and hate tofu. I also love the Maze Runner movies." He leans back in his seat "I think we'll get along fine, Sarah."

We discuss about the behaviour of his fans and how he likes his shows to move along. I decide to bring up how he feels. "Are you sick at all?" He shakes his head "Not really, at the most I'll be jet lagged." I nod and write it down "What about at the shows? Anything that tends to come up physically or mentally?" This time he nods "Yeah, I guess. When I'm doing my meet and greets the fans kind of throw me around like a rag doll. I get a few muscle aches and such from that. I get really hot on stage but I always have a water bottle with me. And sometimes I get anxiety throughout the shows." I write it all down too. "Well, I promise I'll be there to help you no matter what."

We keep talking for a while. He tells me about his childhood, a little bit of information about his albums, and other small talk. He seems really genuine and I'm really glad I get to work with him. I hope I end up being useless because I don't want him or his fans to be hurt in any way. I look up from my papers to see him fast asleep. Deciding to leave him to rest, I get up and go to the front of the plane where the rest of the team is. "So, how was the lecture?" Andrew asks me. "Not bad, all reasonable stuff. He's really passionate about what he does." I sit down with them and take a sip of my latte. "Yeah, sometimes too passionate. He forgets to take care of himself. I hope you'll eventually be able to talk some sense into him." I nod "Of course, Sir." He shakes his head. "Sarah, I'm not your grumpy boss. First name basis and everything. No strict formal stuff." I nod and try to laugh it off. I've already embarrassed myself on my first day! "Alright, Andrew. Sorry about that."

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️