Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Lost In My Blood
Shawn Mendes
807 Words
~

"I know this will seem early, but our time is too precious to be wasted. I love you, with all my heart, and I always will. I promise to always keep you safe. Sarah Wilson, will you marry me?" This, is the best decision I have ever made.

I look up at her and she's smiling beautifully "Yes!" I stand up and put the ring on her finger and kiss her like there's no tomorrow. I hear the crowd cheering and I smile to myself.

I thank them all and walk off with Sarah. My team applauds us as soon as they see us and we both smile at each other. Andrew decides to let us back to the hotel early so we can talk a bit and all.

She lays against the head board of the bed and I lay a bit farther down on the bed. I hold her hand lightly, rubbing her thumb gently "Enjoy your night in rio?" I ask her. " She sighs happily and squeezes my hand gently "I'll never forget it."

We talk for a few hours, mainly about our futures. We both have largely different careers but we can both agree that our futures have each other in them.
She dozes off around midnight and I fall asleep with her. She's mine, actually mine.

~

I wake up a bit earlier and decide to check the fans' reactions to the proposal. It's mainly positive, some people say we're too young but it's still legal and we're both consenting willfully too.

I watch some edits made by the fans and my mind is once again blown away by their talent. It makes me seem quite pathetic to be honest. I like a few of them and follow them as well.

I get ready for the day and Sarah finally wakes up. I give her a quick good morning kiss and go out for my run. It clears my mind and gets me ready to face whatever the day throws at me.

I give Sarah the tea I picked up once I get back and I barely get a time to sit before I got for an interview. I try to keep it short since we're heading for New Zealand pretty soon.

I can't believe there's only nine dates left of this tour. It's all moved by so quickly. I know I'll have to come back to make up for the dates I missed while Sarah was in hospital.

Hopefully when I do, I'll be performing SM3. I'm still deciding a name for it but it's coming "soon."

Andrew comes to pick me up once I'm done the interview to head straight to the airport. I sit with Sarah as always.

Even if she often falls asleep or stays quiet, it's less lonely than sitting with anyone else. My favourite thing that she does is send me things over Instagram or text and look up to check if I'm smiling. It's adorable.

The flight is pretty long and I manage to get quite a bit of work done before we land.

New Zealand is truly stunning. Because of the different time zones, it was night there. It would normally be in the afternoon but we decided to sleep off the jet lag.

~ Sarah Wilson POV

I wake up and turn over to the most beautiful view in the world. Shawn freakin' Mendes. Oh and I guess we're in New Zealand too.

I'm gonna go visit some friends today, look around. I think Shawn has press, I'm sure he'll entertain himself either way.

Being able to work and do what I love again is making my life in general so much better. I know I'm helping people. The thought of that gives me a bounce in my walk. Literally though, Shawn thinks it's hilarious.

I pace around our hotel room while I call my mom to check in with her. I always do it when I'm on the phone, I really can't just sit still and talk. No clue why though. Maybe it's just me?

My friends show up almost instantly after I end the call and they lead me around the city for the afternoon.

It's stunning, I know LA is supposed to be sunny and nice or whatever but this is indescribable. It all seems perfect! I could get used to this.. I'm kidding. I think. Maybe. I don't even know.

I'm trying not to think about staying anywhere permanently since every time Shawn goes on tour, that place will be left to collect dust.

Even if hotels, tour buses, and planes aren't the most comfortable places to live in, Shawn makes it seem like home.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️ Sorry about the short update!