Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
899 Words
~
I'm sitting in my usual spot on the plane, waiting for Shawn. Him and a few people on his team were acting dodgy yesterday, no clue why. He comes but with someone else that I have never seen before. I stand up and shake his hand "Sarah Wilson, nice to meet you." He nods "Eric Vertro." We all sit down and I look at Shawn, waiting for him to start a conversation. "So Sarah, this is my vocal coach." That's great Shawn. What am I supposed to say about that? "He's gonna help you for your performance tomorrow." I choke on the water I was drinking "Sorry, who's performance? Tomorrow?" He scratches the back of his neck "Right, well. You're gonna be signing Like This." I shake my head "No, no, I can't-" He smirks at me "Don't tell me you can't sing because I have audio proof." I groan. So that's why they were being weird. Eric stops our dispute "Save your voices. We've got work to do."

~ Shawn Mendes POV
Step three is completed. This is going so well! Her voice is even better in person. I could listen to it for hours. I finally got her to agree to performing but it took some negotiating. If she performs, I surprise her sister since we're in her hometown. Her sister is still studying abroad but it's reading week so she came down. Right now Sarah's asleep and I don't think anything could wake her up. She's been awake since about 4am yesterday, and it's 4am today. I know that touring has been taking a toll on her. She said she was used to crazy shift times but she also wasn't on a plane half the time. Hopefully the surprise I have for her will cheer her up. She's so caring and that's what makes her perfect. She cares too much to lie, she cares too much to dare lay a hand on anyone to hurt them, she cares too much to leave someone hurt and alone. With all the fake people in the world right now, that's priceless.

~ Sarah Wilson POV
I'm technically not supposed to talk today to quote on quote "prepare" my voice for tonight. It's given me time to think. What exactly? Shawn. Yep, the dorky, tall, muscular singer who's won over the hearts of million of girls. Including mine. He's genuine. He doesn't lie to the media to get more followers. He doesn't photoshop himself to have a better public image. He just wants to give people what makes them happy. And I'm happier than you could ever imagine. I don't take what I have for granted, I'm working for incredible people, I'm traveling the world, I could go on for centuries. I don't deserve the half of it, truly.

I let all of this sink in as I hop from every part of my day, the performance getting closer and closer. I feel better knowing that I'm doing it with Shawn's support but it is still terrifying. Hours disappear like seconds and the show starts. I still have two hours at the least until I go on. I text some of my friends and practice the song. Shawn's been more nervous than usual for this show. I would calm him down but he makes everyone leave him alone before his shows. I start getting my hair and makeup done, then my styling. The half an hour before I go up is spent doing vocal warm ups. I try to take deep breaths as I put in my ear piece and stand at the bottom of the stairs to the stage. Sixty seconds. Thirty seconds. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. There's no going back now.

I slowly go up the stairs so I don't trip over my dress. I look around the arena that's lighting up with joy as I walk down the middle of the stage to the microphone. The cheers make me feel a bit better but it's still so many people. I start signing and my worry starts to melt away. I focus on the words and the wonderful band playing behind me. I'm trying to look for Shawn but he's no where to be seen. He promised he'd watch but whatever. I turn my attention back to singing.

~ Shawn Mendes POV
I pace back and forth near the entrance to the stage, clutching the necklace in my hand. Should I be doing this? What if she says no? What if the fans don't like it? No, this is for me and her. I'll be fine. I go up on stage and all the fans have listened, they're even quieter than they were before. Here goes nothing.

~ Sarah Wilson POV
They all get quieter, which is a bit weird. Did I sing off key or something? I shake it off and keep going, there's only a verse left.

~ Shawn Mendes POV
I wait until she finishes and I tap on her shoulder. I hold her hands in mine and look at her and her only. The world slows down and I hear the fans chanting "say yes, say yes!" I take a deep breath and break the big question.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"

A/N: Thank for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️