Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Lost in My Blood
Shawn Mendes
994 words
~

San Diego was fun, my first show with Sarah as my girlfriend. I have a date planned for her as I finish my show here in Glendale.

We stay there for an extra day so I'll have plenty of time. I'm trying to decide what to do though. I try to keep dates simple but meaningful.

I've heard that playing board games with someone you're interested in helps to learn about them. You know, if they flip the board over when they loose they might be aggressive or passionate, if they let you win they might be selfless.

I'll do it on the roof of our hotel, I'm sure I'll be able to manage to get them to us up there.

We'll start midday, I'll bring a picnic lunch or something. We'll eat then start the board games. By then, I think the sky will be darkening and we'll just talk. It's going to be perfect.

I've been able to notice Sarah's anxiety settle slowly. She doesn't triple check that there's security with us anymore, she doesn't look behind her shoulder every few minutes when we walk. She feels safer.

She should, because I did promise nothing would hurt her. No one, including me.

She's racing around our venue now with a few fans who were feeling a bit unwell while checking in, making sure that they're all set for the show and will be able to pull through it.

She makes healthcare fun, which I thought was impossible. Who likes going to the doctor?

I see her slowing down to let them cross the "finish line" aka one of the entry doors to the seating areas, first. She sends them off with water tattoos of the tattoo I have on my forearm.

She comes back to me, a slight jump in her step. I kiss the top of her forehead, smiling "Do you have plans for tomorrow?"

She looks at me incredulously "You manage my schedule. I literally am obligated to follow you around, unfortunately." She says, sarcasm filling her voice "So, If you have plans, so do I." I laugh softly "I actually have plans." She smiles "Oh? And what would those plans be?"

I take her hand and kiss the top of it "A date with you, my princess. Just dress comfortably tomorrow and I'll do the rest." She blushes lightly "I'm looking forwards to it, now go get ready for your show. I have to go annoy your managers and yeah I guess make sure no one dies and stuff. Adios!" She's so adorable. I wave her off and start my vocal warm ups.

The show is perfect and I go back to the hotel immediately after with Sarah so I get enough sleep for tomorrow.

~

I wake up to Sarah setting breakfast on our bed "Rise and shine baby. I figured since you're setting up the date for today I should at least make you breakfast. And there's a muffin." I thank her and we eat breakfast.

She is desperately trying to get details about our date but I don't budge. The surprise makes it so much more special!

She gets dressed into a t-shirt with sweatpants, comfortable just like I asked. I didn't want her in an uncomfortable dress and heels while we play monopoly on top of a roof, I'm not that mean.

I put on my classic black skinny jeans and a hoodie. I deal with business things to pass time in the morning since I'm only gonna take her up at around 4pm.

Apparently they've arranged a couple's photo shoot for us in Denver tomorrow. They ramble on about sales stuff, nothing to do with me.

Sarah's probably outside talking with fans right now. She does it on her downtime. She knows they put in a lot of time and effort to support me so she feels she owes them her time and effort too. And she loves telling them how loudly I snore, for the record, I don't!

"Yo, Lovebird, wake up." Andrew calls. I sit up "Oh uh yeah sorry, need something?" He laughs "Nope, meetings over. And you've got about five minutes until your date. Have fun!" I nod and run downstairs, trying to find Sarah.

I take pictures with the fans in exchange for Sarah, and take her up to the top floor "This isn't our floor Shawn?"

I nod proudly "We're not even there yet." I take her up another flight of stairs and there we are, on top of the roof. She stands still for a hot minute, taking on the view. "Wow, This, This is already beautiful. Thank you."

I sit her down and I take out our sandwiches. I tell her about the photo shoot. She protests it by saying that she's an uncooked potato and I'm a French fry, or "Poutine because you're Canadian." I tell her she's beautiful until she stops talking. It always works.

I take out The Game of Life. It's a relatively long game so by the time we're done it'll be sun down. She ends up retiring with enough money to pay for her great grandchildren's entire life and I do off not too bad but not filthy rich either.

It's starting to get a bit colder as the sun is going down so I take the blanket I brought and lay down beside her. She traces small patterns on my chest and I smile "What's your biggest fear?" She answers without skipping a beat "Being kidnapped. You?" I think about it, it's probably being alone. Yeah, it is "Being alone. Objects can be replaced but not people." She nods and we lay in silence until we decide to head in, falling asleep as soon as we get in our bed. I am madly in love with this girl.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️

Lost In My Blood [s.m]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara