Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
880 Words
~

I wake up earlier than I'd want to for the photoshoot. Come on, if anyone was put up against the literal god that Shawn is in a picture, the focus is still definitely on him.

Shawn's enthusiastic as hell to which I respond that I need coffee and a miracle. He laughs and ignores it, and we go down to the studio.

We go in through different doors to get styled. I get put in athletic leggings and a sports bra. If this is a trick to make me run a marathon or something I swear to god.

They let me out to the set and Shawn's standing around with no shirt and just shorts. Can't complain about that one.

We take pictures in quite a few poses and go do a dress change. We do that a few times until our photoshoot is done.

They'll email us the pictures and sent us our choice of three canvas pictures. We don't really have one place where we live so they sent them to Shawn's parents' house back in Pickering.

He'll be performing there in a few weeks. I can't wait to meet Aaliyah, it'll be fun to find out more about how Shawn was as a kid. Plus, we can both complain about his annoying habits.

~ Shawn Mendes POV

It's our day off in Denver and Sarah's doing some admin stuff. Accident reports and inventory or whatever.

Charlie's invited me for a guys day
around the city. I haven't talked with him recently and it's gonna be nice to connect again.

I don't wear anything special and go to the cafe where he's meeting me. I order hot chocolate and a muffin while I wait. Finally, he comes.

~ Charlie POV

This is the only way I'll be able to pull this off. I need to know where he'll be and when, and more information about Sarah. I think I'll do it when he's in his hometown, he can go crying to his mommy about his broken heart.

Here we go! "Excited to be heading close to home soon?" He takes a sip of his drink and answers "Yeah, I desperately need some downtime with my family. This tour's been so fast paced." I nod, perfect answer "I can take Sarah around the city if you just want alone time. I'd love to get to know her better. I've barely talked to her and she's my best friend's girlfriend." Please say yes, please say yes "That would be awesome, Thanks man."

Thats when I'll do it. "My pleasure, how was the date you guys were on yesterday I think?" He smiles brightly "Amazing, nothing went wrong. She asked a bit of a weird question at the end though, what's my biggest fear. I said being alone." Aw buddy, you're gonna be alone pretty soon "What's her biggest fear?"

He clenches his jaw "Being kidnapped. It's irrational though, because that won't happen. No ones touching my baby girl but me." I wouldn't be so sure. I nod "She must be a pretty paranoid person then. What calms her down?"

It sounds like a suspicious question but he takes it well "If she's with anyone on the team she's normally okay. I'm sure that if with you she'd be fine, even if you guys aren't close." Thank god, I can't have her being a ball of nerves before I even do anything.

I know she's extremely sensitive to alcohol, which will help. We keep talking about our music and sports before heading out for a game at a bowling alley.

~ Shawn Mendes POV

I'm glad Charlie is willing to get to know Sarah and spend time with her. Prejudices would of course not help.

I honestly don't have anything interesting planned on tour until I get back in Canada. It'll be nice for my family to finally meet Sarah. They've only seen her from my off guard pictures of her that I Snapchat to Aaliyah along with a few radio interviews and magazine covers etc.

I've tried to FaceTime or call them but timezones and my schedule don't exactly allow for that. I'm driving back to the hotel right now. Sarah's been there for a while and I feel bad for just ditching her.

I'm sure she had fun with all her medical equipment though. I Snapchat while driving and post it on my story, almost instantly getting scolded by Sarah.

I head in through the back of the hotel and up to the room. I text Sarah saying I'll be a few minutes so I can scare her a bit.

I go in through my door since she's in her room right now. I walk quietly and shake the door to her room as hard as I can. I hear her drop her phone and scream "Babygirl, it's me." I open the door and hug her. I look down at her and she's pouting. I smile and kiss her, her spirits lifting immediately.

It's not that late a night but we've got a plane to catch in a few hours so I decide to take a nap. One more day down.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️