Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
1002 Words
~

I sit with a young girl in first aid and talk with her about Shawn. The same person who shook her up so much she passed out is the person calming her down right now. I let her talk while I respond to a text from Shawn. "I want to visit the girl in first aid, is she okay?" I check her heart rate one more time and reply "Yeah, all good." As I send it he knocks at the door, I guess he would've came whether or not it was okay. I smile at the girl. "Sit up, I think someone wants to see you." I get up and open the door, walking out as he goes in so they can talk about whatever their heart desires without me there.

~ Shawn Mendes POV

I talk with the girl until her parents get here. Just as she passes me she whispers "Keep Sarah on your team. She treated me like a princess and she's really funny." I promise to her that I will and go back to my dressing room. I really hope I don't screw anything up to make her leave. My friends are already attached. I get everyone to leave my dressing room so I can calm down before the show. I run through my songs to make sure I know them all perfectly. I don't want it to be like when I got on stage in Philadelphia and I had been awake since 2 a.m. and it was, like, 8 o'clock at night and I tried singing but no words came out; just complete mumbo. I don't know why! I should know the words to my own song but they just didn't come out.

I talk with Charlie once he finishes his act and the Illuminate opening pictures go up. I get the classic countdown and walk up onto the stage. On cue, the entire stadium lights up with life, or I guess screams. I look ahead before starting to perform and see Sarah carelessly spinning around on one of the office chairs we put up at the sound console. If it were anyone else I'd probably be pissed off that they aren't paying attention but she looks so peaceful and happy. As soon as I start merely turning around to do the switch to stage B she focuses all her attention on the fans and me. She comes down the stairs of the console quickly and walks along where I come in, keeping the fans calm and away from the barricades. Everything goes as planned and I see the relief wash over her face as I sit at the piano. She goes back to where she used to be sitting and I finish off the show.

~

I get backstage and thank everyone for the night after they congratulate me. I sit with Sarah and talk with her for a bit. "So, how was your first event? Think you'll stick around?" She yawns and mumbles quietly "Yeah, of course. I just need to get adjusted at all this travel and I'll be fine." I nod and go over to Andrew. "I'll go with Sarah to the hotel early. She looks exhausted. That's cool with you?" He nods while doing god knows what on his phone, probably booking something for me. I walk back to Sarah and tap her lightly on the shoulder "Let's head to the hotel, you had a busy day today." She nods and gets up, stretching and getting all of her stuff. We both walk down to the car while she goes on a tangent about me singing 'perfectly', which is probably fuelled by sleep deprivation. Whatever, it's cute. I open the passenger side door for her and she gets in, thanking me quietly. I get in the driver's side and start driving to our hotel. At a red light, I look over at her and she's staring out at the stars. Why do I feel so comfortable with her? I've only known her for a day. Ugh, emotions. I'll deal with those later.

We get to the hotel and I don't bother to go through the back, it's 2am. If any of my fans were willing to stay awake for me at this time, they'd deserve the picture or the conversation. I press the 12th floor on the elevator. I have no idea why Andrew always gets us rooms on high floors. More time to escape if a crazed fan comes for us? "Shawn. The door is open." Sarah snaps me back to reality as I trip over the raised carpet in contrast to the lower elevator floor. She immediately kneels down beside me, a contrast to her sluggish, tired state minutes earlier. "Are you okay?" I let out a deep sigh "Yeah, the floor seemed sad so I decided to hug it." It takes a minute to realize what a ridiculous response I gave before we both burst out laughing. "Come on, let's go in. I think the floor's gotten enough love." Sarah jokes as she holds out her hand to help me up. We get into the room and she falls back onto her sofa bed. "Wake me up if you need anything, you can throw a pillow I don't care. Just please have mercy on me." She winks, a proud smile on her face for her song reference. I laugh softly and smile "I promise I won't ruin your happiness." I would've finished that comment with baby but it's not time to make things awkward right now. "Goodnight, Sarah." I say as I close my door and get in my bed. I don't hear anything back so I assume she's already out like a light. I scroll through my twitter and see all the videos from the concert tonight. I sigh contently and close my eyes. I'll never forget this day.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️