Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
986 Words
~

I go back downstairs and look frantically for Shawn. It won't look very good if I lose the person I'm supposed to protect! I call him at least five times and it finally goes through "Sarah? What's the big deal? Are you okay?" I sigh a breath of relief "Yeah, I'm fine. Where are you?" He talks to someone in the background "Didn't I tell you I had plans after the interview? Sorry if I didn't. Gotta go!" And he hangs up the call. Plans? With who? He never mentioned any friends or family being in Seattle. I shake the thought away, it's none of my business.

I decide to spend the rest of my day off roaming around the city, stopping every now and then to admire the mind-blowingly tall modern buildings or sweet cafes. I'm not familiar with this city at all, honestly. I walk down this street that's crowded with houses and stores but all there is, is groups of people huddled together, grumbling stuff I can't hear. Sketchy? Yep. I pull up the hood of my jacket and walk faster than normal but not enough to draw attention to myself. Someone taps my shoulder and my breath catches as I turn around. "Can I help you..?" I ask a tall, young, but scruffy looking man. "Yeah, you're that oh so fancy doctor for that oh so fancy singer?" What does this guy want? "That's one way to put it, I guess. Is someone hurt?" He smiles "Mmhm. Follow me." It can't hurt to help someone in need, surely. So I follow him.

There's no one there, though. "Could you make me feel better, honey?" Okay he does not need any medical attention. And pet names? Nope. "Sorry, I think there's a walk in clinic near. I only do emergencies. Bye!" His eyes turn darker, don't ask me how. All I know is I don't like where this is going. "And there's your mistake, darling." He mutters angrily as he shoves me against the brick wall of the building. This is when my panic really sets in. "P-Please don't.." I look around and all the groups of people are gone! Yep, just him and me. How convenient. "Aw, is my baby scared?" He asks in a mocking tone. "I'm not your baby. Just don-" I get cut off by a man who I also don't recognize throwing a punch at him. I freeze, immediately running as soon as I heard something, someone,  hit the ground. Once I think I'm far enough away I sit down at a bench, panting. I wipe off the bit of dirt off my arms and look up to see the guy who probably saved my life, in front of me. "Hey, are you okay? Your neck is a bit scraped up." He asks, concern evident on his face. I chuckle nervously "I guess that's where the stinging is coming from. Thank you, by the way. I think you saved my life." He smiles "Only trying to make the world a better place. Tilt your head down, let me take a look at the cut. As soon as I do, and he moves his face right by the side of my neck, I hear a camera click. Damn it. This probably doesn't look innocent from any camera angle.

I tap my pockets to find my trauma kit and hand it to him. "Use what you need. Make it obvious that you're doing first aid and first aid only." God, if only they could've taken the picture now. He cleans up the wound and tapes a bandage over it for the time being. "Stay safe, by the way, I'm Daniel." I get up and hug him "Sarah. Thank you, again." We both walk off and I immediately take out my phone to check social media. "Seattle Scandal: Famous medic seen getting love bites from a guy. Could it be Shawn?" I curse under my breath and start running to the hotel, traffic is too busy. How did it even get published that fast? I take a second to catch my breath before going in and taking the elevator up to my room. The first person I see is Shawn, he's clenching his jaw. I'll talk to Andrew first. He has the most behind the scenes connections in media. "Help, please."

I explain the entire situation to him. Even though I was talking quickly, he listened and seemed to understand everything I said. "I'll contact them and ask them to take it down, go on your twitter, snapchat, anything. Make a post to clear it up, alright?" I nod and thank him, taking a minute to think of what to post. "The picture most of your guys are seeing is a complete misinterpretation. I fell and a bystander was attending to cuts on my neck." It's all I have to say, really. Now, Shawn. I knock on his door "Can I come in?" I hear him get up and open the door "Yep." I sigh and sit down on his bed. "That's not me in the picture." He says, with aggression in his voice. Why does it matter to him if it wasn't him? The picture is already down and he's tweeted to clear it up too. "I know, and it wasn't love bites either." I turn around and move my hair to the side to show him the bandage. His face quickly turns from an expression of aggression to shame. "Sarah.. I'm sorry for assuming and whatever. Do you need ice? Anything?" I shake my head and smile "Thanks for letting me explain." I leave the room and sit on my bed, leaning against the wall. If it's not aggression, it's jealously. If we're not dating, why would Shawn be jealous?

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️