Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Lost in My Blood
Shawn Mendes
854 words
~

I'm waiting in the car while Sarah is finally being discharged from the hospital. She's saying goodbye to every staff member and thanking them for putting up with her but I don't know who wouldn't. Our flight leaves in a few hours for LA and I'm pretty nervous. I got their family's blessing to marry her but what if they've changed their mind? I mean since she's been with me she's been through hell, she's always made it out better than before. I guess we'll find out when we get there.

Before I overthink everything I see her walk out, tears in her eyes. I run up to her and hug her "What's wrong baby?" She sniffles and laughs a bit "I'm just gonna miss them, they took such good care of me." I smile and kiss her softly "We'll come back again." She nods and holds my hand as we get in the car. The ride to the airport was a bit long because of traffic but we made it there in one piece. I stop to take pictures with my fans and talk to them before I get dragged to our gate by Sarah. Lost track of time just a tinyyy bit. We board and settle in the back. First time flying without my crew nudging me every 20 minutes and I gotta say it's pretty nice. We go back and forth with would you rather questions and other time passing activities. Most of our flight was spent sleeping though.

We land at about 2 in the afternoon and Sarah's family is waiting to pick us up. As soon as she sees them, she drops her luggage and runs to her mom first, bear hugging her. I smile to myself and take her bags, shaking her fathers hand "Told you I'd have her back to you in one piece." He nods "I had no doubt." I let Sarah catch up with her people while I take pictures with fans and chat with them for a bit. We eventually head out and Sarah sits beside me, leaning her head against my shoulder.

It's a chilled out ride until In My Blood comes on and Sarah sits up straight, holding a water bottle as a microphone. She starts belting the lyrics and I can't help but laugh. I join in on her and I can make out Sarah's mother smiling at us in the rearview mirror. I'm the luckiest, marrying the girl of my dreams, with the best in laws ever. I can't wait for the big day.

~ Sarah Wilson POV

I'm as happy as I can be right now. I'm laying in Shawn's lap, around a campfire with my family. Plus there's s'mores and foods always a bonus. In a few days, I'll be Sarah Mendes. I'll sign all my papers as Dr. Mendes. I gotta say there's a nice ring to it. Just like the one that'll be on my finger.. Okay enough with wedding puns.

I tilt my head up and kiss Shawn on the jaw to get his attention "Gonna head to bed soon?" He smiles and nods "Busy day tomorrow. You need to try your dress on. Don't worry, I haven't seen it. Your family and friends picked it." I look at them "You guys better have a sense of style." They all look amongst each other, smiling or smirking. No clue what that's supposed to mean but hopefully it's something good! I get up and take everyone's plates inside, cleaning and putting them away. I say goodnight to everyone and head to to my room. My old room that is.

I change into pyjamas that we're still in my drawers and brush my teeth. Shawn in all his glory decide to sleep in sweatpants and sweatpants only. Ain't complaining. I snap out of my trance and jump on my bed "Before we become legit adults who are married and all, pillow fight!" I throw pillow at him and he dodges it, picking it up from the floor and throwing it back at me. My reflexes aren't quite as fine tuned but that's not important. We go back and forth, trash talking each other for fun "Married or not, I'm still gonna crush you at pillow fights Mendes." He laughs "No calling me by my last name in a few days, Wilson." I roll my eyes playfully "Hypocrite." He smirks "You love me though." I smile "More than anything." We set down our pillows and get in our bed. Our energy levels calm down and we both drift off to sleep.
~
I wake up to the most amazing alarm sound in the world. The person who created it clearly has no idea what cruel and unusual punishment is. I go to click snooze but my hand lands in Shawn's "Wake up buttercup, you've got stuff to do." The wedding dress! I jump up and take a shower, getting dressed as quickly as I can. I'm enthusiastic as hell, I'm the queen to his king and now I'm gonna look the part.