Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Lost in My Blood
Shawn Mendes
1092 Words
~

I sit on a couch in my dressing room, listening to Andrew's mind numbingly rehearsed speech as best man. Finally I hear enough and pull him down from his pacing to the chair. He gets right back up "It has to be perfect! It's your wedding! Don't you want it to be perfect?" I laugh lightly at him "Only one thing needs to be perfect for me, my wife, and she's already that and more so I'd take a chill pill if I were you." He rolls his eyes "I'm practicing with Geoff! Bye you little hopeless romantic!" I shove his shoulder gently and yell after him "Taller than you, buddy!" Once he's gone and silence has settled back in the room I practice my vows. They're my promise to Sarah, no one else. There's so much more than what I say in my vows that I wholeheartedly promise her. I know some people get crazy nervous about forgetting their vows but I can't imagine forgetting something I plan to do for the rest of my life. Or as long as I can.

~ Sarah Wilson POV

Oh my god my family is irritating me! It's my wedding! I don't care about the pace of my walk down the isle, I don't care about what side one strand of my hair is on, I don't care! It's not that important anyways. I just care about Shawn... that sounds obsessive. It must be nerves. Can't be cold feet though? I still love him. I bounce my knee anxiously, without noticing until it bugs my Mom "Sarah, would you mind staying still. I'm sure you'll be doing a lot of moving tonight anyways." I gasp and my jaw drops but I say nothing back. What are you supposed to say back to a sexual innuendo from your mom?
~

"Okay Sarah just breathe, remember who's waiting to see you like this at the end of the isle." My stylist reassures me before taking off my blindfold. I take a split second to adjust to the light before taking in my appearance. It's dream like. Truly. Almost like it's too good to be true. Is this what he wants? Is it too much? Maybe I should've had more natural makeup, he loves me for me anyways right? "Stop thinking. You're fine. Ready to go?" Caught in my tracks again, too bad so sad. A girl's gotta think. I nod and silently walk to my father who is standing in front of the grand doors. Here goes nothing.

~ Shawn Mendes POV
I rock on my heels ever so slightly until I hear the faint sound of the piano being played start. My eyes snap up and land on the door, being pushed open. I'm sure they're doing it reasonably quick but it seems like an eternity. My fingers linger over my cuff links, the only thing anchoring me to reality. 

Then, I see her. Her eyes, her smile, her walk, everything. It's perfect. 

Every other thing around me sinks into the backdrop and all I can see is her. She looks at the guests for a brief moment before gazing up at me. I concentrate on her, and I can't seem to read her emotions. Not angry, not sad, but not happy either. It must be the makeup and lighting, I can't imagine anyone would look like themselves with that. Before I know it she stands before me, the minister starting his discourse. I briefly listen but honestly it sounds like white noise within seconds. I'm just stuck on Sarah. I feel like if I leaned in too close, my hand would go through hers and I'd snap out of this, this trance. 

Before I do that, something else, Andrews kick to my heel, snaps me out just in time for vows. I take a deep breath and start saying my vows "I choose you to be wife, my partner in life. I promise you my unconditional love, my fullest devotion, my most tender care. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future, I promise to love you, honor, respect, and cherish you all the days of our lives. You are everything I need. And at this moment I feel that all of my prayers have been answered. I know that our love is heaven sent and I promise to be here forever and always. I vow to respect your unique talents and abilities, to lend you the strength to reach your dreams. I promise to take care of you, to encourage and inspire you, asking that you be no other than yourself. From this day forward you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home." I finish, the most exhilarating rush of adrenaline running through my blood. Sarah is looking down, wiping away what I assume is a tear, a tear of happiness. 

Once she reaches herself, she stands proudly and lets the words flow out her mouth "I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you, and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always." Every word she said was immediately burned into my memory. If I lost everything else I would still have that. The minister asks me my I Do's and it flies by mean because I mean all of it. He then turns to Sarah and asks the last question, "Sarah Wilson, do you take Shawn Mendes to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"No, no I don't."

A/N: It's over! What were the predictions you had for the ending? Why do you think she did it? Let me know! The next chapter may be a Q&A for the book so make sure to ask a bunch of questions!

Thank you to everyone who read this book, commented, and voted. You guys are the reason we got so far! I'll keep you posted on the sequel coming soon and don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️