Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Lost In My Blood
Sarah Wilson
914 Words
~

I sit in Shawn's dressing room as his crew runs down the night. I've been praying silently that the set manager doesn't bring up my signing ever since last night. "So Shawn, this medic you got, has an amazing voice." If I have any luck, it's bad luck. "Oh? Does she?" He asks him while looking at me. I whine and hide my face in my hands. "Yep. She sang along to Charlie's songs. Truly blissful. And those high notes? Damn." Shawn smirks "I see, maybe I'll get her to do a cover one day. I'm sure she'd love to do that." I get up "Nope, nope, and nope. Your people, the Mendes army?" He nods. "The Mendes army paid good money to see you, not me. Final word." He laughs softly and drops the subject.

Everything wraps up and we all head back to the hotel. Shawn stops to take a few pictures with fans while everyone goes to their rooms. I decide to stay up, the buzz of the amazing night still surging through me, and scroll through stuff on my computer. I find a fan account for myself! I've worked for two days and I have a fan account. I decide to DM the girl or boy. "Hey! I fell upon your account and just wanted to thank you for the support!" I send it and forget about the message until I get a reply "Yeah, whatever. We all know you're just trying to steal Shawn from us. Have a "good" night Sarah." I frown while reading it, why would I steal Shawn from them? I'm just trying to keep him alive so they can keep him.

I turn off my computer and admire the view out the window. The city still isn't asleep. Bright lights, fast cars. Someone knocks on my door and I yelp, jumping slightly. "Come in!" I yell. Ah yes, of course it's the one and only Shawn Mendes. "You okay? Need something?" I ask him. "Nope. Just can't sleep. Wanna head up to the pool?" This is what I get given a heart attack for? "It's 3am, isn't it closed by now?" He smirks "I'm Shawn Mendes, I have my ways." Oh he sure does. I consider his offer for a moment and then answer him "Okay, I'll meet you up there." I get changed into my swimsuit and go upstairs, taking a towel with me. I go into the pool and he's sitting at the edge with a champagne bottle and two champagne flutes. "You're legal, right?" I nod and get in beside him. "Any reason in specific you wanted to come up here?" I ask him. "No, yes, not really, okay maybe. I just wanted to get to know you better." So sweet. "Alright. 20 questions?" He laughs "Are you sure you can drink? 20 questions is high school stuff." I look at him "Bet you'll still do it though." He smiles and pours us both some champagne "Hell yeah."

~ Shawn Mendes POV
She talks about everything with so much passion yet she still has a gentle and careful vibe? All in all, she's amazing. She must be a lightweight because she's already tipsy. "You know, a lot of people like you Shawn. Like this many people." She makes a big gesture with her hands. I laugh and smile at her "I know, it's amazing. I'm very lucky. I'm sure a lot of people like you too." She frowns and shakes her head "I don't think so, I talked to one of your fans and they said that they think I'm stealing you. I'm just trying to keep you alive, ya know. I ain't no robber!" My heart drops a little and I watch her think about what she just said, her eyebrows furrowing. Not even a week in and she's already getting hate. I love my fans with all my heart but they're really possessive over me. She sits in silence for a bit and I see a tear slip from her eye "I left my friends and my family for this job. I'm trying not to mess up and I really just wanna be able to help people. I didn't do anything wrong Shawn!" I frown "Shh, come here. It's okay. They just don't know you well enough because I know you're the most amazing medic in the world." She comes up besides me and leans on my shoulder, looking up at me "Really?" I smile "Of course. How about I get Andrew to book us on a radio show tomorrow so they can get to know you better? Is that okay with you?" Her face lights up and she nods enthusiastically "Yeah! You're so smart Shawn." I laugh softly "Come on, let's get you back to your room." She stands up and wraps herself in her towel as I open the door for her. We go back down to our rooms but we don't talk. "Goodnight Shawn." she mumbles. "Goodnight Sarah." I respond as I close her door. I brush my teeth and sit in bed. I sigh and think about what Sarah told me tonight. I can't let it get worse. Before I go to bed I tweet to everyone "Let's show Sarah some love! She's truly a life saver. #Sarahthemedic" I fall asleep, knowing my fans will help me out.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️